Sign up to receive the latest product updates:
Update Customer and Conversation Attributes Based On Chatbot Interaction
Admins no longer need to set up separate Workflows to update conversation and customer attributes based on chatbot interactions. Using the new ‘Update Data’ capability available on the Conversational Assistant setup page, Admins can easily edit/update attributes related to Conversation and Customer, and automate routine tasks such as:
- Update a Conversation’s Priority and route it to the correct team
- Change an Attribute that’s required for closing the Conversation
- Add Tags and Contact Reasons, and more, without the need to set up Workflows
Conversational Assistant UI/UX Enhancements
We released a host of enhancements to make it easy for Admins to create, manage and update the Conversational Assistant. These include the ability to:
- Add new Intents, edit existing ones, and see which Assistants are using the Intents from the new Intents tab in the Conversational Assistants page.
- Delete Intents from the menu icon in the Intents tab.
- Quickly duplicate Dialogues from the menu icon in the Conversational Assistant builder.
- Easily add Customer ID and Conversation ID to Callable Workflows Interactions from the Dynamic Text list.
- Dialogue titles no longer appear truncated on the left rail of the Conversational Assistant builder.
- Workflow conditionals have been redesigned to include more information (3 lines max) and the Workflow icon has been updated to denote when the Workflow node is a condition.
- Troubleshoot Workflows more easily with the ability to see Workflow names and links in the Audit Log.
New Apps In The Kustomer App Directory
As part of our initiative to productize the most common integrations our customers have requested, we are happy to announce that Recharge & Delighted are now live in the Kustomer App Directory.
Recharge allows agents to view subscription data from the Kustomer timeline and launch the Recharge dashboard where they can take further actions such as modifying subscription frequency, shipping address and more. Learn more
Delighted for NPS
The Delighted integration will automatically create and update customer records when your customers submit an NPS survey and allow agents access to critical voice-of-customer data during their support interactions. Note: At this time, this app supports the NPS use case, not CSAT or CES. Learn more
- Important Reminder: End of Support for Chat 1.0 — September 30th, 2021: We’re ending support for Chat SDK 1.0 on September 30th, 2021. If you’re currently using Chat 1.0, we highly recommend you migrate to SDK 2.0 as soon as possible. Migration guides are available in the Chat SDK developer documentation and as a course on Kustomer University. Please don’t hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org for help.
- Limited Support Availability: September 27 To September 30, 2021: We’ll be temporarily limiting our support hours from 8am ET to 8pm ET during Kustomer’s company offsite. We will be prioritizing conversations with Business Impact: Critical and High and will get through the rest as soon as we can. We will have 24/7 on call support for critical issues outside of these hours and will revert back to our normal 24/5 coverage following the event. We thank you for your patience with us during that week and apologize in advance for any delays.
- Faster, More Performant Kustomer Platform Experience: We are constantly working towards making Kustomer faster and more powerful for our customers. To that extent, we’ve made significant improvements to optimize the speed, size, and load time of the Kustomer platform. We’ve decreased the application load time by an average of 54.8% and the time to download images and attachment content by 51.6%. We’ve also made the application bundle size a lot smaller resulting in a 49.3% reduction in total application size.
- See iOS Chat SDK 2.0 in Action: Learn how to properly implement SDK 2.0 for iOS including login and logout experiences, describe a customer or conversation, and much more using the new Kustomer sample app. Visit our Github repository to see detailed information including code and ReadMe documentation.
- Quick Start Guide: Chat 2.0 SDK for iOS: Learn how to implement and launch the Kustomer Chat SDK in a simple iOS app using our new step-by-step guide in the developer portal.
- New Business Rule Auto Response Settings: Customize your Business Rule auto responses at a more granular level with the ability to send auto response to original sender only, plus all recipients in the To field, and/or all recipients in the CC field.
- Queues and Routing Enhancement: Ensure your customers are accurately matched with agents who speak their language by using the Default Language Attribute in Queue Rules.
- Fixed an issue where agents are stuck in Busy status for longer than the Accept Timeout period and they’re not in a call.
- Fixed an issue where Audit Log crashes when navigating back and forth from the Business Rules settings page.
- Fixed an issue where Permission Sets do not allow users to pin KObjects to the Timeline unless they have access to all KObjects.
- Fixed an issue where Queues and Routing automatic user assignment intermittently fails.
- Fixed an issue where Snoozed Conversations are taking up capacity.
- Fixed an issue where the standard Manager Permission Set is unable to create Tags.
Trigger Workflows From Conversational Assistant To Maximize Automation and Efficiency
Configure Conversational Assistant to connect and interact with third party systems and Kustomer CRM using the new Callable Workflows capability.
Using this powerful feature you can automate even more customer service interactions, such as checking order status, issuing refunds, updating addresses, and more, and significantly reduce the number of support requests sent to agents.
Unlike typical Workflows that are triggered by an Event (i.e. a Conversation is created), Callable Workflows are triggered by an action.
Route Customers to the Same Agent Every Time With Dedicated Agent
Build stronger customer relationships, and boost loyalty and satisfaction by routing customers to the same agent each time they reach out to support using Dedicated Agent.
When Dedicated Agent is enabled and a new Conversation is created, Kustomer will first check to see if that customer has a Dedicated Agent. If they do, Kustomer will then check the status and capacity of the Dedicated Agent and route the Conversation based on the configurations an Admin defines during setup.
With Reroute Timers, Admins can determine per-channel how long a Conversation waits for the Dedicated Agent to become available — from 5 seconds up to 60 minutes — before falling back to standard Queues and Routing rules.
Introducing Jira Integration
Link Jira issues to support Conversations in Kustomer using the new Jira app in the App Directory.
- Quickly find Jira tickets straight from the Jira Insight Card without needing to navigate away from the Conversation.
- Link a Jira ticket to a specific Kustomer Conversation. Once a ticket is linked, agents can view the ticket’s summary, description, and status.
- When the linked ticket’s status changes in Jira, agents will automatically see that update in the form of a Note on the Conversation.
Kviews & Klasses UX Enhancements
Easily customize KViews with the ability to filter Attributes by Object and add Custom Company and Customer Attributes in the Conversation KView Builder.
Klasses UX Enhancements
- Filter Attributes by Type (Standard or Custom) and view Total Attribute Count for each Type.
- Sort Attributes by Type in the new Attribute Type column.
- Since Standard Attributes cannot be edited or deactivated, the edit toggles have been disabled and a new tooltip has been added.
50% Off Convey x Kustomer integration
Our partner, Convey, is a delivery experience management solution that ensures customers get insight into the entire lifecycle of their orders, in real-time. They are offering a generous discount on the Kustomer x Convey integration through the end of 2021.
Using the Convey for Kustomer integration, you can see updates on shipments including when shipments are predicted to miss their delivery date, when shipments are stalled, damaged or mislabeled, as well as automate proactive communication based upon triggered events.
Don’t wait — Take advantage of this offer today. View the integration in action here.
Have questions? Reach out to email@example.com
- Import and Export Workflows: Easily migrate Workflows from sandbox to production with the ability to import and export Workflows directly from the Workflows page by uploading or downloading Workflows JSON files from your device.
- Android 2.8.0 for Kustomer Chat 2.0 Available: Several improvements and bug fixes, including support for Android 12, new method to identify when to call ‘login’, additional color customization options, and more. Please note that color customization updates are not backwards compatible, and you must update your color customization app theme when upgrading to this version. View Changelog
- Navigate Workflow Steps with Arrow Hotkeys: Configure and manage Workflows more easily with the ability to navigate Workflow steps using arrow hotkeys.
- Edit Legend Titles in Dual Query Charts: Rename legend titles when a dual query chart results in the same title.
- Control Update Access to User Account Settings: Control whether agents can update information in their user Account settings, such as name, email signature, and phone number, in the Personal section of Permission Sets.
- Conversational Assistant Editor UI Enhancements: Easily configure new Intents with the ability to see language names, rather than language codes. Find the destination Dialogues you’re looking for faster with typeahead support for redirects, and drag-and-drop to reorder Dialogues within the Assistant editor.
- Important Reminder: End of Support for Chat 1.0 — September 30th, 2021: If you’re currently using Chat 1.0, we recommend you inform and work with your developers and tech team to migrate to SDK 2.0. Migration guides are available in the Chat SDK developer documentation. Please don’t hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org for help.
Conversational Assistant Editor
- Fixed an issue where the names of Dialogues a Dialogue redirects from get cut off.
- Fixed an issue where you cannot reposition Interactions within a Dialogue when scrolling.
- Fixed an issue where clicking ‘B’ or ‘I’ in the text editor do not allow you to bold or italicize text while typing.
- Fixed an issue where the Welcome dialogue is able to get an Intent assigned when it should not.
- Fixed an issue where the dropdowns for output parameters in Callable Workflows are too narrow and the Customer and Conversation Attributes cannot be seen.
- Fixed an issue where hitting enter when typing a keyword to add to an Intent deletes the previous keyword.
- Fixed a bug where there is no toast notification when a new Attribute is created.
Introducing Live Mode, a Real-Time Dashboard for Monitoring Team Performance
Better manage your support organization by tracking team performance in real-time using Live Mode.
Live Mode converts any Custom Report into a live dashboard to help you:
- Quickly compare KPIs such as response time or resolution time across all channels in a single comprehensive dashboard.
- Better forecast staffing needs based on inbound volume per queue.
- Get in-depth visibility into agent performance by visualizing each agent’s contribution to top line metrics such as Satisfaction.
Customize View and Edit Permissions for Each Custom Report
Control which Users and Teams view or edit each Custom Report with the new Report Permissions settings.
- You can set each Custom Report as private or public to users with reporting access, and which users and teams can override these settings.
- By default, a newly created Custom Reports can be viewed and edited by only the user who created it.
Sync Agent Capacity With Amazon Connect
Ensure your agents stay focused on top priority channels for your business with the ability to prevent Amazon Connect calls from routing to agents that are occupied and have no capacity.
- Create custom statuses in Amazon Connect to correspond to the new “Available – At Capacity” and “Available – Partial Capacity” statuses in Kustomer.
- Map the Amazon Connect and Kustomer statuses using dropdowns in the Amazon Connect settings page. This allows agents to remain out of the phone queue when they’re at full or partial capacity.
- Agents cannot set themselves to these new statuses, as statuses set automatically based on the agents’ current conversation load.
- Please keep in mind that if an agent is always working on routed conversations, they may never receive voice calls.
Deactivate Installed Apps With One Click
Deactivate any app installed from the Kustomer App Directory using a toggle in App Settings page.
- Deactivating an app temporarily removes it from view and turns off any app-created features.
- Kustomer will continue to display relevant app-created data for your reference, such as Custom Objects and Klasses, but you will not be able to edit them or add new attributes.
- Kustomer will retain the app settings, so you can reactivate the app using the same settings anytime.
Workflows & Permission Sets UX Enhancements
- If a Scheduled Workflow’s payload is too large, you will now see a message about the payload issue instead of continuously retrying the Workflow.
- Conditional transition select dropdowns now support Standard Attributes, helping you find what you need faster.
- Easily navigate the Edit Permission Set page with alphabetized sub-menus.
- When Permission Sets are applied, see the exact date and time the allotted 24-hour window ends to be able to revert to the previous version.
- Users without edit permissions to KObjects can no longer access those objects in the KView Builder.
- Expanded Limit for Instagram Messaging Access: Instagram Business accounts with between 1,000 and 100,000 followers can now view and respond to Instagram messages from Kustomer without the need to apply for access. Access for all other account sizes will be rolled out by Facebook; we will keep you updated accordingly.
- Android Sample App for Kustomer Chat 2.0: Learn how to properly implement login and logout experiences, describe a customer or conversation, and much more. Visit our Github repository to see detailed comments included with the code and ReadMe documentation.
- Smarter Volume Control for Conversational Assistant: If a chat conversation is transferred to an agent but no agent is available, the Conversational Assistant will ask for the end user’s email address only if it was not collected earlier.
- Notifications Load up to First 100: We’re improving app performance by loading only the first 100 notifications by default. Click “Load More” in the notifications panel to view earlier notifications.
- Audit Log Usability Enhancement: See pending items and work items in work session events.
- Feature Guides for Easier Configuration: Learn how to customize your Kustomer instance with quick access to relevant help articles and Kustomer University videos, directly from settings pages.
- Fixed an issue in the Workflow builder where required/optional parameters remained unchanged when the app is updated.
Queues & Routing
- Work session updates are no longer clipped, preventing accepted work items from working based on an outdated conversation.
- Added a back button to the Permission Sets page in line with current design patterns
- Fixed an issue where the cancel button in a set was non-responsive
- Fixed an issue where a user could hit “Save Changes” twice quickly, creating two of the same Permission Set
- Fixed an issue where Permission Set copies of Manager/Content Admin roles received a 404 when clicking on “Add New SLA”
- Fixed an issue where copied User Permission Sets did not grant access to search previews
- Set the “Save Changes” button to be disabled if no changes are made
- Removed tooltips that presented redundant information and made additional copy updates for clarity and simplicity.
- Fixed an issue where @mentions from business rules did not trigger personal notifications
Schedule Recurring Data Exports
Configure your exports to run daily, weekly, or monthly and ensure that you always have up-to-date data for external analysis. Additionally, track the status of your one-time Search exports in the Data Exports page.
Keyword Based Intent Detection for Conversational Assistant
Eliminate manual triage and deliver fast resolution by automatically detecting and routing Conversations based on customer intent using the latest keyword based intent detection for Conversational Assistant.
- Easily create and manage multiple intents using ‘Create Intent’ on the Conversational Assistant setup page.
- Start by creating an Intent Name, selecting the language, and adding keywords. For instance, if you want to identify all Conversations associated with ‘refunds’, the keywords could be: “refunds”, “refund”, and “money back”.
- Next, add an interaction and toggle on “Understand Intents” to allow the interaction to listen for keywords. Note: only the Customer Text Response and Knowledge Base Deflection interactions can listen for intent.
- You can now go ahead and create additional Conversational Assistant dialogues for each Intent. When one of the keywords is detected in a customer’s reply, the customer will be automatically routed to the corresponding dialogue.
IMPORTANT: New Browser Requirements for Agent Access to Kustomer – June 30th, 2021
Kustomer’s browser requirements ensure optimal performance while using Kustomer. Starting on June 30th, 2021, Kustomer will support only the two latest major versions from Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Edge.
Users who are not using an up-to-date browser will be prompted to select the browser they prefer and complete the upgrade before they are able to log in to Kustomer. We recommend that you inform team members and agents to prepare for an upgrade if needed.
Please feel free to contact email@example.com or your Customer Success Manager with any questions.
Kustomer Chat 2.0 Enhancements
- Assistant Run Time Excluded From First Response Time: Kustomer now begins calculating first response time when the Assistant has transferred the conversation to an agent, not when the conversation was first created.
- Android 2.6.1 & iOS 2.4.1 Available: Several improvements and bug fixes, including better render performance, user experience, and overall consistency for the chat UI. View Changelog
- Quick Start Guide for Android: Learn how to implement and launch the Kustomer Chat SDK in a simple Android app using our new step-by-step guide in the developer portal. Check Out Guide
Important Reminder: End of Support for Chat 1.0 — September 30th, 2021
If you’re currently using Chat 1.0, we recommend you inform and work with your developers and tech team to start planning the migration to SDK 2.0. Migration guides are available in the Chat SDK developer documentation. Please don’t hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org or your Customer Success Manager for help.
Select Multiple Conversation Tags from Search
Quickly and efficiently categorize conversations with the ability to add multiple tags from a single search.
Filter and Segment Reports by Brand Attribute
Measure performance, track SLAs and customer sentiment, and identify areas for improvement for each brand with the ability to segment Custom Reports and filter Standard Reports by brand.
See the Features Each App Adds to Your Kustomer Instance
See the features each app adds to your Kustomer instance and how your Klasses, workflows, webhooks, and timeline layouts will be affected in the new Features tab in app listings.
Once the app is installed, clicking on each feature detail will take you directly to the part of your instance where the feature has been enabled.
- Limited Public Access to Instagram Messaging Support: Instagram Business accounts with between 10,000 and 100,000 followers can view and respond to Instagram messages from Kustomer without the need to apply for access. Access for all other account sizes will be rolled out by Facebook; we will keep you updated accordingly.
- Workflows UX Enhancements: Clear logs while debugging and collapse parameters in the workflows builder to simplify your workspace. Find what you’re looking for faster with searchable steps and scheduled workflows filter for trigger types.
- Knowledge Base UX Enhancements: In the article editor, see the names of individuals when hovering on their avatars. In the article list, see the name and avatar of the individual who most recently updated the article, instead of the original author’s.
- Search Criteria Stored Until Explicitly Removed: Search criteria is now saved when you navigate to another part of the platform until you clear all search filters.
- See Which SLAs Have Active Alerts: Understand at-a-glance which policies have active SLA alerts on the Service Level Agreement page.
Prevent SLA Breaches with In-App Notifications for At Risk Conversations
Ensure you’re providing consistent support to customers with the ability to configure and send in-app notifications to select users and teams when conversations are at risk of breaching SLAs.
- Alerts are sent via a pop-up notification and can be reviewed in the Notifications bell in the header navigation.
- When a user clicks on the notification, they will be taken to a search displaying the at risk conversation(s), helping the user quickly resolve the issues at hand and re-prioritize their workload as needed.
Introducing Object Selector for Conversational Assistant & Other Chat 2.0 Enhancements
Deliver instant resolution and enable end-to-end service automation by integrating custom objects into your Conversational Assistant flow.
- The new Object Selector interaction in the Conversational Assistant builder allows you to display to authenticated customers a carousel of up to three most recent objects created for the Klass you choose, such as recent orders.
- Once the customer selects one of the objects, you’ll be able to use Custom Klass Attributes as dynamic variables in subsequent messages to provide useful information such as order status, shipping URL, and more, to resolve the inquiry without involving an agent.
- Push Notifications for Chat 2.0: Configure push notifications for both iOS and Android on your own in Chat Settings, without the need to reach out to the Kustomer support team. Read Developer Guide
- Android 2.5.0 and iOS 2.3.1 Available: Several improvements and bug fixes, including better error handling and support for the Object Selector interaction. View Changelog
- Reminder: End of Support for Chat 1.0 — September 30th, 2021: If you’re currently using Chat 1.0, we recommend you inform and work with your developers and tech team to start planning the migration to SDK 2.0. Migration guides are available in the Chat SDK developer documentation. Please don’t hesitate to contact email@example.com or your Customer Success Manager for help.
Standard Attribute Support for Conditionally Required Attributes (CRAs)
You can now use standard attributes in configuring conditionally required attributes in the Insights Card visual drag and drop editor.
- If “Assigned Team” = “Customer Success”, display & require custom attribute “Account Manager” via user picker
- If “Assigned Team” = “Technical Support”, display & require custom attribute “Technical issue type” via multi level lists
- If “Queue” = “Billing”, display & require custom attribute “Payment Plan”
Note: The following standard attributes can only be used as controlling CRAs, meaning that setting the attributes can conditionally display other attributes but the standard attributes themselves cannot be dependent on others:
- Status, substatus, tags, assigned users, assigned teams, priority
Introducing Seasonal Seats
Effortlessly manage seasonal spikes in support volume with Seasonal users.
- Active for a set period of time, Seasonal users can access the same features and functionalities as Full-Time users and will be automatically deactivated when the season is over.
- Admins can assign users to seasons, view season windows and number of seats available for each season in the Users and Manage Subscription pages.
- To add Seasonal users, please contact your Customer Success Manager or account contact, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keep Track of Key Performance Metrics with New Custom Report Chart Type
Quickly get signal on your most important metrics with the new KPI Card chart type in Custom Reports. These easy to drag-and-drop charts allow you to compare metrics to the previous period and understand at-a-glance if performance is moving in the right direction.
Kustomer Support Now Available 24/5 Globally
In the last few months, we have made significant changes to deliver fast, efficient support to customers around the world. We’re excited to share that we now offer 24/5 global support, from Sundays at 6pm ET through Fridays at 9pm ET.
Stay tuned for our upcoming blog post that showcases what we’ve been working on to help improve our customer experience and what we plan to do next.
- Facebook and Instagram Messenger Handle Limit Increase: You can now connect up to 50 handles across Facebook and Instagram on both Enterprise and Ultimate plans. For Instagram Direct Messaging support, please begin by filling out this form.
- Paste Multiple Email Addresses: Save time by pasting multiple addresses into To, CC, and BCC fields in email conversations.
- Knowledge Base Search Enhancement: Return results similar to the search query, even if the term was misspelled or has a unique, brand-specific spelling.
- Queues and Routing UX Enhancements: Duplicate queue rules, use search in Rules settings, and find the queues you’re looking for faster with queue status filters and sort orders.
- Workflows UX Enhancements: Update conversation create and update actions using brand attributes, use input dropdowns for conditional custom fields, and turn logs live by default when expanded with the latest Workflows enhancements.
- Conversation Classification: Segment by Prediction Status and Agent to measure prediction performance and track which agents make the most corrections.
- Agent Suggestions: Segment by Shortcuts and Agents to see most frequently applied shortcuts and usage by agent. Control which teams and users have access to suggested shortcuts in the Agent Suggestions settings page.
Meet Kustomer University, an On-Demand Learning Platform
We’re excited to announce the launch of Kustomer University to help you and your team master Kustomer. From product tours to advanced configurations and best practices, Kustomer University offers a series of guided programs and courses to help you set up a world class support organization and deliver best-in-class customer experiences.
Visit Kustomer University today and get instant access to:
- Guided programs and certifications for admins to learn everything they need to know about managing the Kustomer instance
- Pre-built courses for agents to jumpstart onboarding and learn best practices for supporting customers using the platform
- Deep dive courses on configuring omnichannel experiences, team management, maintaining efficiency and advanced customization
- Live and on-demand events to continuously improve and advance your knowledge of Kustomer
Introducing Knowledge Base Visual Builder and Redesigned Default Template
Build and launch your help center without needing to edit any code with our new visual theme builder.
- Multi-brand support: If you have multiple brands configured, you can have a different theme for each knowledge base, ensuring that each brand delivers its own unique experience.
- Theme versioning: Versioning makes it simple to track all of your theme changes and switch between different versions, as needed.
- Theme sections: Each theme is divided into separate home page sections that you can customize to your liking including an announcement bar, category icons, category grid search, featured articles and contact us.
Customize Email Templates Without Editing Code
Customize the design and content of your email replies, auto responses, CSAT surveys, and forwarded emails with easy-to-use visual builder.
- Set default email templates for individual teams and for your entire organization
- Insert dynamic text to scale and customize content for email signatures, greetings, and more
Save and manage multiple versions of each email template
Explore the Data Powering Your Standard Reports
Drill down on data points in Team, Deflection, and SLA report charts or tables to see the conversations, customers, or custom objects used to calculate your metrics. With one click, jump to view the data on a customer’s Timeline or explore your results in Search.
Search Conversations Based on Brand Relationships
If you manage multiple brands, you can now Search conversations on your brand relationships to narrow down results.
API Documentation Migration
Access API docs from the Kustomer Developer Portal, and try out API requests directly from the docs or run the collection in Postman.
- Starting on April 19th, 2021, the previous API docs page will redirect to the latest docs in the Developer Portal.
- Attend our Kustomer Live! training webinar this Thursday to learn more about Kustomer’s APIs and documentation.
Introducing Salesforce Lite and an Easier Way to Connect with Zapier
Give your support and sales teams a more complete picture of customers with the first iteration of our turnkey integration with Salesforce.
- Available in the App Directory, Salesforce Lite adds a Salesforce Insight Card that appears automatically when looking at a Customer or Conversation in the timeline.
- Display Salesforce objects including Account, Contact, Opportunity, and Lead Information.
- Currently, the app shows only Salesforce data within Kustomer, and not vice versa.
Connect Kustomer with Zapier through OAuth Provider, without the need to enter an API key.
Conditional Branch and Business Rules Support for Conversational Assistant
Introducing Conditional Branch
Drive contextualized automations at scale using Conditional Branch based on conversation and customer data for Conversation Assistant.
- Set up various conditions at any point in your conversation flow to direct customers to another interaction or dialog
- For instance, you can use branching to create separate responses based on the customer’s email address or VIP status
Conversational Assistant Status in Business Rules Criteria
Leverage Conversational Assistant status in Business Rules criteria to automate routine tasks and processes.
Customize Permission Sets to Control Object Level Edit Access
Control edit access to customer, company, and conversation objects with the option to hide the edit modal from select users and teams.
Kview Builder UX Enhancements
Improved visibility for conditionally required attributes: See attributes and conditions configured with conditionally required attributes on hover.
- Duplicate context cards: Save time on configuring Insight Cards with the ability to duplicate context cards in the builder.
- Attribute search bar: Find attributes in Klasses faster using the new search capability for Attributes.
Conditionally Required Attributes & Customer Picker Enhancements
- Self-pointing: Conditionally required attributes can now be self-pointing, meaning that an attribute will conditionally display only if the attribute is set. For instance, you can have the VIP attribute display only when the VIP attribute is set.
- Case sensitivity: Conditionally required attributes are no longer case sensitive.
- Typeahead support: Find the attribute or customer you’re looking for faster with typeahead support for conditionally required attributes and customer picker attributes.
Keep Complex Workflows Organized with Step Descriptions
Keep track of the intention of each step in your workflow with the ability to add descriptions.
More Ways to Customize Your Notification Settings
To give you greater freedom in customizing your notifications, “A Message is sent by a Customer I follow or to a Conversation I’m assigned” has been separated into two.
You can now configure separate notifications for:
- When “A message is sent by a Customer I follow”
- When “A message is sent for a Conversation I’m assigned”.
- Notifications for both will be turned off by default.
We recommend that your team and you review and update your Notification Settings to ensure that they reflect your preferences.
Android 2.4.1 and iOS 2.1.1 Now Available for Chat 2.0
We have made a number of improvements and bug fixes to our mobile SDKs, including:
- Improved consistency for “New Conversation” button behavior
- Improved intermittent network handling for chat messages
- Improved handling for server downtimes
- Improved xcframework compatibility
- Improved chat UI for consistency with Android
- Improved conversational assistant support for agent interruption
We highly recommend that you download these latest versions of mobile SDKs. Please reach out to email@example.com or your Customer Success Manager if you have any questions.
Manage Access to Your Kustomer Instance with Kustomer Access Settings
Monitor and manage access to your Kustomer instance with the new Kustomer Access page in Settings.
For Ultimate & Enterprise Plans
Grant the Kustomer Support Team access to your Kustomer instance using a toggle for efficient technical support.
For Ultimate Plans Only
- Ensure that your Kustomer instance is accessible only through secure terminals by setting allowed IP ranges.
- Monitor Kustomer Access events and IP address access in audit logs.
Conversation Classification (Previously Intent Identification) Filter Enhancements
Select the most relevant training data for classifying conversations with added filter capabilities for Conversation Classification.
- Go beyond the “Match ALL” condition with “Match ANY of the following” to filter your data.
- Select conversations updated or created within a certain time period using the “Created at/Updated at” operators.
Kustomer IQ Observability Enhancements
Track the efficiency of your automations with the ability to search and report on Conversation Classification and Agent Suggestions.
- Conversation Classification: Explore automated conversations, predictions, corrections, and skipped predictions in Custom Reports and create Searches using the same filters.
- Agent Suggestions: See how often suggestions were made and applied, and suggestions usage by agent in Custom Reports as well as Search.
Find Conversations Faster With Timeline Pinning and Conversation Sub Status
- Pin conversations and KObjects to the top of the Timeline to quickly find and reference the information when answering customer inquiries.
- Filter by Conversation Sub Status to sort through the Timeline faster and manage subtasks more efficiently.
An Easier Way to Import Past Shopify Orders
Easily import orders from your Shopify store to Kustomer using the latest ‘Import Orders’ capability for Shopify.
- Quick three-step process to get started. No engineering help or additional development needed.
- Once connected, all future orders will automatically be routed into Kustomer.
- Add and import orders from multiple Shopify stores.
- Track the progress of your import using color-coded status badges.
Conversational Assistant Enhancements for Kustomer Chat 2.0
- Dynamic variables in Conversational Assistant messages: Personalize your messages with dynamic variables for Customer and Conversation attributes.
- New Assistant status — “Interrupted”: Instead of waiting for the customer to complete the Conversational Assistant path, agents can now interrupt the chat conversation by sending a message.
- Automatically end conversations: The “End Interaction” in the Assistant Dialog now automatically marks a conversation done, without the need to create a Workflow or Business Rule.
Android 2.4.0 and iOS 2.0.7 Now Available for Chat 2.0
We have made a number of improvements and bug fixes to our mobile SDKs, including:
- Improved error logs to print stack traces by default.
- Improved error messaging and user experience for connectivity issues.
- Updated behavior for the New Conversation and file attachment buttons.
- Improved error messaging and user experience for connectivity issues.
- Improved consistency for isChatAvailable method.
We highly recommend that you download these latest versions of mobile SDKs. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or your Customer Success Manager if you have any questions.
Introducing Kustomer App Marketplace & Developer Platform
Kustomer App Marketplace is a full ecosystem of apps and integrations that can be easily added to the Kustomer platform for unified CX operations.
Choose from 65+ plug-and-play apps and integrations or build your own app to connect all your tools, processes, and data to Kustomer, and streamline your CX tech stack.
- Check out the App Directory section under Settings to view the turnkey apps across voice, SMS, social, ecommerce, marketing and more available to install and use today.
- If you are interested in building a custom app or integration, start by reading the Kustomer Apps documentation and filling out our developer form.
Reminder: End of Support for Chat 1.0 — September 30th, 2021
Earlier this year, we announced the launch of Kustomer Chat 2.0 — a brand new, next-generation mobile and web SDKs. As a reminder, we will be ending support for Chat 1.0 mobile and web SDKs on September 30th, 2021. If you’re currently using Chat 1.0, we recommend you inform and work with your developers and tech team to start planning the migration to SDK 2.0.
Explore the Data Powering Your Standard Reports
Drill down on data points in your Standard Report charts or tables to see the conversations, customers, or custom objects used to calculate your metrics. With one click, jump to view the data on a customer’s Timeline or explore your results in Search.
Easily Copy Charts Across Custom Reports
Save time when building reports using the new ‘Copy Chart To” function. Copy any of your Custom Reports charts to a new or existing report.
Specify Your Search to the Exact Time of Day
Track Conversations down to the minute. The date criteria in Search now supports the time of day, giving you greater control in defining your Search.
Enrich Your Data With Customer and User Picker Attributes
Use the User Picker attribute to select any user from your organization and assign custom roles, such as Custom Success Manager or Account Manager. Use the Customer Picker attribute to select any customer and assign roles such as Referral Partner.
User and Customer Picker attributes can be used across Business Rules, Queues and Routing, Search, SLAs, and Workflows in Kustomer.
Business Rule Enhancements
- New action attribute: Automatically notify team members and facilitate faster escalations by adding @mentions for users and teams in Business Rules.
- Usability improvement: Some Business Rule Actions can be negated when the criteria changes. For example, if you change the Trigger and make the Rule run on all updates, the Action can no longer be able to send an automated message. Now, a warning modal will appear when the changed criteria negates the preconfigured Action.
Easily Reset or Delete Your Knowledge Base Custom Domain
Reset the domain certificate or completely delete a custom domain from your Knowledge Base using the new setting ‘reset’ and ‘delete’ feature from the Knowledge Base Configuration page. You no longer need to contact Kustomer Support to help you with these actions.
A Simpler Way to Customize Chat Icons
Easily customize the chat icon that opens the chat widget on your app and website and team logo at the top of the widget. In addition to adding an image URL, you can now upload or drag-and-drop an image from your computer to update the icon designs.
New Queue Rules Enhancements
- Track and manage capacity with a new usage indicator for Rules.
- Conversation Counts can now be used as a condition in Queue Rules.
- New checks and balances for manual reassignment of conversations: The ability to reassign the conversation to a specific agent will be automatically blocked for manual transfers to ensure proper routing.
Filter Audit Log by Shortcut Name
Quickly navigate your revision history with the ability to filter your Audit Log by Shortcut Name.
Introducing AI-Powered Agent Suggestions (Available With Kustomer IQ for Agents)
Support agents in their moment of need, eliminate guesswork and accelerate triage by deploying self-learning AI models that predict agent responses based on historical conversation data.
Agent Suggestions uses state-of-the-art natural language processing to analyze inbound email conversations in real-time and recommend shortcuts that agents can instantly apply to replies with one click.
Simplify the Agent View With Conditionally Required Attributes
By popular request, we’ve released conditional attributes, which are custom attributes that display only if the value of another attribute is set. Conditional attributes declutter the agent view, keeping agents focused on the attributes that are relevant to their current conversation.
For conditional attributes that appear in Insights Panel Details, you can also require that the value of the conditional attribute be set before a conversation can be marked as done to ensure consistency across conversation data.
- Easily set conditional attributes to display in the Insights Panel Details or Insight Card Details using the drag-and-drop builder.
- Conditional attributes are supported on the conversation object only.
- Conditional attributes can be required only when displayed in Insights Panel Details.
Visualize the Composition of Your Data Using Stacked Area Charts
Track trends and progress over time and easily understand how each part contributes to the whole of your dataset using stacked area charts in Custom Reports.
Create stacked area charts using the Chart Editor to understand metrics such as the total number of conversations by assigned agent or closed conversations by customer sentiment.
Automatically Attach Files to Conversations With Shortcuts
By popular request, we’ve introduced the ability to add attachments to shortcuts. When agents select the shortcut, the attachment will be automatically uploaded and applied to the agent’s draft, helping the agent save time on manual uploads.
Saved Filter Views in Team Pulse
Save a set of filter criteria and easily find the data you need on agents’ real-time activity using Saved Filter Views for Team Pulse.
- Saved Filter Views are stored at the user level, so only you’ll see the filter sets you’ve saved
- With this release, we’ve also updated the Team Pulse filter component to allow for multi-select on all filter attributes
Dive Deeper into Data by Duplicating Custom Charts and Tables
Instantly duplicate any chart or table in Custom Reports and further explore your data without the need to create the same chart or table from scratch.
Schedule Knowledge Base Articles
Ensure that your content is always published at the right time and day, even when you’re away from your desk, by scheduling knowledge base articles.
Easily manage your publishing schedule using the Filter by Schedule dropdown menu on the Articles page, and update or delete publishing schedules directly within the articles.
Filter Customer Timeline by Object Type
Find what you need in the Customer Timeline faster with the ability to filter by object type. Reset all filters quickly by clicking the X on the left side of the filters.
An Easier Way to Configure Your Knowledge Base
You can now upload images to update your Knowledge Base logo and favicon, rather than having to copy and paste in the image URL. Image size guidelines are available in the description of each field for easy access.
Introducing New & Improved Kustomer Chat 2.0
We’re incredibly excited to announce the launch of Kustomer Chat 2.0 — a brand new, next-generation mobile and web SDKs. Built in modern programming languages, Chat 2.0 is packed with new features to help you deliver best-in-class conversational experiences that customers love while optimizing team efficiency. New features include:
- In-App & Push Notifications: Reduce abandonment and churn by using in-app and push notifications to instantly notify customers when there is a response from an agent.
- Embedded Knowledge Base: Enable quick access to FAQs and self-service with embedded AI-powered Knowledge Base that can now be accessed from within the chat widget.
- Branching Logic for the Conversational Assistant: Accelerate triage by automating gathering relevant information upfront and instantly routing conversations based on customer response using the new branching capability for the Conversational Assistant.
- Multi-Brand Chat Experience: Admins can manage unique settings across multiple brands and create brand-specific experiences including branding, styles, Conversational Assistant flows, and more with the help of a developer.
- Build Your Own Mobile Chat UI: Create your own mobile chat user interface using new developer tools and configurations for iOS and Android apps.
- Targeted CSAT surveys: Customize who receives CSAT surveys and collect in-the-moment feedback by triggering surveys based on customer attributes.
- Enhanced Speed and Performance: Written in modern programming languages such as Swift and Kotlin for mobile, and major code improvements including 70% lighter SDKs, simplified code, and iFrame implementation for the websites, the new Chat 2.0 SDKs deliver enhanced performance and reliability.
- Support for the popular Dark Mode (for mobile) and Landscape Mode.
- Please note: Proactive Messaging and Estimated Wait Time are currently not supported in Chat 2.0.
IMPORTANT: Chat 1.0 Mobile & Web SDKs Deprecation — September 30th, 2021
Please note that we will be ending support for Chat 1.0 mobile and web SDKs on September 30th, 2021. We recommend you inform and work with your developers and tech team to start planning the migration to SDK 2.0.
View the migration guides available in the Chat SDK developer documentation.
Please don’t hesitate to contact email@example.com or your Customer Success Manager if you have any questions or concerns.
Kustomer Receives ISO 27001 Certification for Information Security Management
At Kustomer, we’re committed to protecting your data and meeting the highest level of security standards. We’re pleased to share that Kustomer is now certified to ISO 27001, the international standard for information security management systems (ISMS). This certification demonstrates our leadership’s commitment to continuously monitoring and advancing our security protocols.
Explore the Data Powering Your Custom Reports
Drill down on data points in your Custom Report charts or tables to see the conversations, customers, or custom objects used to calculate your metrics. With one click, jump to view the data on a customer’s Timeline or explore your results in Search.
Introducing Kustomer Glossary
View a comprehensive list and definitions of terms within Kustomer using the new Kustomer Glossary available in the Kustomer Help Center.
More Apps To Unify Your Support Channels
To make it easier for you to streamline service operations and unify all support channels into a single platform, we’ve released turnkey integrations with platforms and apps across multiple categories.
- Feedback & Engagement: Collect customer feedback by sending automated surveys from SurveyMonkey and Stella Connect and review requests from Yotpo and Stamped. Engage the modern consumer, and showcase the personality of your brand by embedding GIFs from GIPHY in email and chat conversations.
- Productivity: Support your agents in their moment of need and reduce handle time using Shelf’s Knowledge Base and AI-powered Agent Assist. Connect two or more apps and automate repetitive tasks using Zapier. View customer meeting information details in the Kustomer Timeline using Calendly.
- Voice: Provide seamless, context-rich voice support by connecting your cloud contact center apps including Five9, 8×8, Talkdesk, and Dialpad with Kustomer.
- Marketing: Execute intelligent growth and retention campaigns by connecting your Kustomer platform with Klaviyo, BigCommerce, and LoyaltyLion. Enrich customer data with Clearbit and track demos, calls, and meetings within the Kustomer Timeline using Gong.
Dig Deeper Into Data With Time Interval Dropdowns in Standard Reports
Easily adjust the time range of every data visualization in Standard Reports using the time interval dropdown.
A More Convenient Way to Edit Insight Card Details
No more editing code! Customize Insight Card Details using the drag-and-drop builder instead of the Advanced Code Editor.
Activate or Deactivate Business Rules on the Edit Business Rule Page
Easily activate or deactivate a Business Rule from the Edit Business Rule page, without the need to go back to the main Business Rules page.
Audit Log Enhancements
- Klass editor UI improvement: Save space and find the attributes you’re looking for faster with the option to Expand All or Collapse All multi-level lists in the Klass editor.
- Work Session filter: Filter Audit Log results by Work Session to track changes in agent status determined by queues and routing.
Coming Soon: AI-Powered Agent Suggestions
Support agents in their moment of need, eliminate guesswork and accelerate triage by deploying self-learning AI models that learn from historical conversation data and recommend shortcuts agents can use to reply to email conversations.
Introducing: Instagram Public Comments
Support your customers, followers, and influencers in their moment of need and increase conversions using Kustomer’s support for Instagram Public Comments.
- Once you’ve connected your Instagram account to Kustomer, top level Comments on your public posts will be used to create Conversations.
- Agents can respond to top level Public Comments directly from within the Kustomer platform.
- Instagram Public Comments support is available to all brands that have a business Instagram account.
- Note: Direct Messaging Support is available only through our Early Access Program. Apply here.
Turnkey Integrations for Voice Apps
Coming soon: Additional voice apps — Dialpaid, Five9, and Talkdesk — will be available for easy integration.
Automatically Update Company Data using Business Rules
Update company attributes such as number of employees, headquarters location, and revenue, in addition to any custom attributes you have created.
See Workflows Capacity at a Glance
Have greater visibility into your Workflows usage by:
- Quickly seeing which Workflows are currently activated, deactivated, or experiencing errors directly in the Status dropdown.
- Understanding the total number of Workflows that are available for use via ‘Enabled Workflows Remaining’ tooltip.
Boost Agent Productivity with Improved Keyboard Shortcuts for Routed Conversations
Agents can quickly navigate and toggle between Conversations they’re working on using new ‘’View Customer Navigation’ keyboard shortcuts.
Audit Log Enhancements
- Merge actions for Conversations: See the ID of the Conversation that was merged, in addition to the name of the Conversation it merged with.
- Business Rules creation and deletion: See the who, where, and when behind every Business Rules creation and deletion.
A Simpler Way to Connect FullStory with Kustomer
FullStory captures page views and clicks that your users make on your site and logs them as a session. You can then replay the session and share it with other members of your organization to troubleshoot errors users encountered on your site.
You can now connect FullStory to your Kustomer platform on your own without technical support or creation of Workflows. Easily access your FullStory dashboard and copy session links with one click.
Intent Identification Enhancements (Kustomer IQ Plus and Standard Only)
Set up your Prediction with greater control and better track automation events with the following releases:
- Confidence Level dropdown: Depending on the purpose of your Prediction, you may want to adjust your Confidence Level and optimize for prediction accuracy, or the amount of data that the Prediction can apply to. You can now select the Confidence Level that best fits your use case from the dropdown.
- Use Business Rules to set up predictions: Trigger Intent Identification using Business Rules, without the need to set up a Workflow or seek help from developers.
- View automation events in the Timeline: See exactly when a value was automatically predicted.
Introducing: Instagram Messaging Integration — Early Access
Take advantage of rapid growth in social communications and commerce by engaging with followers, connecting influencer-driven conversations to company experts, and resolving issues quickly, using Kustomer’s latest Instagram Messaging integration.
As one of Facebook’s premier partners to enable Instagram Messaging as a channel of support from Kustomer, you can use this integration to:
- Respond to Direct Messages, Story Mentions, and Story Replies directly from the Kustomer platform
- View Instagram conversations in the Customer Timeline
- Leverage intelligent routing, automation and artificial intelligence to scale support
- Track KPIs, manage SLAs, and measure customer sentiment
Interested in early access? Fill out this form, and someone from our team will be in touch. Please note that access to the Instagram Messaging Integration is limited and subject to approval from Facebook.
Coming Soon — Instagram Comments Support
Soon you’ll be able to reply to top-level Instagram Comments from the Kustomer Platform. More information to follow.
Chatbots for Facebook Messenger Support (Available with Kustomer IQ Plus)
Deliver instant responses, eliminate repetitive workflows, and provide faster resolution to your Facebook users by integrating bots into your customer service workflows. You can integrate bots powered by Kustomer IQ Plus or any third party bot provider.
Note: This integration is available with Kustomer IQ Plus only.
Audit Log Enhancements
Track routing events at a more granular level with these new activity and event additions:
- Agent Status and Capacity: See when an Agent became Available for a Work Session and how much Capacity they had left after a conversation was routed to them.
- Ended Reason: See which side ended the Conversation — the customer, agent, or routing rule.
- Label for Voice: Ensure proper Voice routing with the label “IVR”. Routing for all other, non-Voice channels will be labeled “New”.
- Copyable ID Values: With one click, copy ID values in the Before and After columns for easy sharing and seamless triaging.
We’ve also improved the user interface to help you save space and find what you’re looking for faster.
- If you’ve set routed conversations to be automatically assigned to agents, routing events “Accepted” and “Assigned To” will appear in a single row, rather than two.
- You can now expand more than one row at a time for smoother investigation.
Take a Deeper Dive into Data with Multi-Query Charts
Understand how different metrics correlate with one another with the ability to add a second query in the Chart Editor.
Multi-query charts help you see patterns in your data and answer questions such as:
- How first response time influences your satisfaction rating
- How the daily inbound volume compares to the resolved conversation volume
Status Duration in Team Pulse
Identify in real-time which agents need attention with Status Duration, a stopwatch that tracks how long each agent has been in their current Status.
With Status Duration, Managers can quickly scan for indicators of potential issues, such as:
- A longer than average Busy status, perhaps due to a complex inquiry where an agent may need some assistance or coaching
- A longer than expected custom unavailable status like ‘On Break’ or ‘In Training’ which could lead to delays in your conversation queues and longer wait times for your customers
Organize Snippets into Categories
Make it easier for your team to find the right Snippets and respond to inquiries quickly by organizing all Snippets into Categories.
Trigger Routing with Message CC
You can now set Message CC as a condition in Business Rules and Queue Rules. For example, if you have an internal email address for escalating conversations, you can CC that address to alert appropriate team members.
Move KObjects in the Timeline
Declutter timelines with the new ability to move custom objects (KObjects) from one customer’s timeline to another.
Business Rules Enhancements
- Duplicate Business Rules: Create new automations faster with new ability to duplicate existing Business Rules.
- Search: No more scrolling through a long list of Business Rules to find an automation. Quickly find them using the new search capability for Business Rules on the Settings page.
New Time Interval Options for Custom Reports
Certain charts simply make more sense in one time interval than another. We’ve added the ability to set default intervals in the chart configuration modal so that your data is broken down the same way every time the report is loaded.
We’ve also added new, smaller interval options to Custom Reports so you can hone in on metric changes within each hour:
- ‘Per Minute’ interval when viewing up to one day of data
- Quarter Hourly, Half Hourly, or Hourly intervals when viewing up to two weeks of data
Saved Filter Views on Standard Reports
Save commonly-used filters in Standard Reports for easy access to the data that’s most relevant to you. Saved views can be accessed from the dropdown.
Improved Queues and Routing Audit Logs
Better understand how the queues and routing are working by tracking changes in the application and audit log. Some of the changes you can now see are:
- Which rules assigned conversations
- When the conversation first entered the queue
- Who accepted the conversation
- Who was assigned to it
- Which team the user was on
- Changes to weight or priority
App Directory UI Update
Find and update apps more easily with the latest UI update to the App Directory page.
- Apps with updates will be listed at the top to help you better manage your apps
- Installed apps are now separate from the directory to help you parse through existing apps in addition to discovering new apps that are available
- Pick Individuals and Teams in Workflow Notes: Tag and mention teammates more easily in notes by selecting individuals and teams in the UserMentions field.
- Sort Columns in Custom Report tables: Find outliers, high-performers and underperformers quickly by sorting columns in Customer Report Tables.
- Permissions Observability: After permissions are updated, email alerts will now include organization name and which permission set was changed.
- Dark Mode from Device Settings: Kustomer can now default to dark mode, light mode or switch between them automatically based on your device settings
Field Level Permissions
Ensure your sensitive customer data is secure and streamline your agent dashboards. Field Level Permissions allows you to grant users with read or write permissions as appropriate.
Learn more here.
Outbound Webhooks (Beta)
Outbound webhooks send data from Kustomer to other systems via unique URLs. The data is delivered in JSON format as events occur in Kustomer. Connect with up to 5 systems during this feature BETA.
Learn more here.
Business Rules Updates
Business Rules now supports the ability to deliver automatic responses from the originally assigned agent when sending an email or SMS message. This provides personalization at scale with a cohesive customer experience.
New Merge Field Available
A new Merge field has been added to Search, Reporting, and Exports.Surface conversations that were a part of a merge or create a report to get an approximate count of how many conversations are merged in a defined period.
Facebook Messenger Update
Kustomer has enabled Facebook’s “Human Agent Tag” granting agents 7 days to respond. Previously Facebook required agents to respond within 24 hours. Now businesses without 24/7 customer service are able to better respond to customer inquiries via Facebook Messenger.
We’ve added 3 new default Snippets to support deflection
- Text on Deflection Button
- Deflection Question
- Deflection Thank You Message
The relationships between shortcuts and snippets are more visible. This allows you to better understand usage between the two.
Search and Reporting Updates
- View these conversation charts in intervals ranging from “Per Minute” up to “Monthly” – dependent upon your selected date range.
- Strip null or ‘N/A’ values from results via a simple check box in the custom report builder. This resolves the issue of trying to segment on a particular level of an MLL where N/A results were returned for any branch that terminated at a higher level.
- We’ve updated the Custom Report editing flow which previously reset the date range selection to “Past 30 days” when entering the chart edit modal. The selected date range will now stay throughout the chart editing process.
New Dynamic Variables
New dynamic variables have been added:
- Satisfaction Rating – allows you to dynamically add ratings to messages, which is great for automated follow ups.
- Last Message Out and First Message In – allows you to recap email messages when sending out follow ups. For example, the message can be “You wrote us about [first message in], is that still an issue?”
Amazon Connect Upgrade
Amazon’s new Connect Contact Control Panel (CCP) v2 is now in Settings. This includes the ability to manage Amazon Chats. The new CCP includes multiple bug fixes and an integration with their chat product. Flip the switch when you’re ready.
The columns on the Teams and Users table can now be resized.
Update to our API
Clients using our API can now more easily see what roles are needed to create a token and enable admins to create tokens with fine grained permissions for any endpoint. Now, 401 unauthorized reports will return the required roles for the endpoint in the details section.
Schedule Custom Reports
Schedule delivery of custom reports to your team’s inbox on a daily, weekly or monthly basis. Distribute them via email to a list of up to 50 people or download as a PDF. Reports show performance up to the last 120 days. These public report links do not need a Kustomer account to view and expire within 7 days.
Learn more here.
Bonus: Now you can drag and drop charts in your custom reports to create the views your team finds most valuable.
Track and change the insights available to your agents with Kview version control.
App installations that have default insight cards or timeline layouts (such as the Shopify app) will be considered the default version. Upon update, the default version will be replaced with the latest app installed view. Older versions of the view will be saved and you can revert back to them at any time.
Learn more here.
Audit Log Updates
Changes to customer attributes made via conversation shortcuts will now be logged. The shortcut names will link to the actual shortcut if the user has access.
General Usability Updates
- Messages will be loaded as agents scroll instead of loading the full history. This improves timeline performance speed by 25%.
- When searching or filtering on the Users page, user counts will automatically update. This helps you quickly see how many types of users you have in Kustomer.
Additional Platform Enhancements
- Timezone Picker: Has been moved to the city/region model. This automatically applies daylight savings time offsets for all timezones where applicable. We will continue to maintain the GMT timezone code for users who wish to see their data in a UTC format that maps to our exported data.
- Business Rules: When using a business rule to set or unset a queue, the UI now clearly indicates that the user is also unassigned when this action occurs.
- Notifications: You can now choose to get sound notifications for note mentions. This is helpful for users that have multiple Kustomer windows open.
Introducing Shopify 2.0
We have a major Shopify update that includes a new design for both the Insights card as well as the Timeline. This includes exciting new features, such as the ability to Refund and Cancel directly from within the Kustomer interface.
- Actions in both the Insight card & Timeline – Refund & Cancel
- Shipping Info by SKU
- Out of the box multi-store support
- Improved discount data representation
- Order & Item Activity for Refunds & Cancellations
- Refund reason support
- Item image support
Improved discount & shipping data representation
You can learn more about these updates by checking out these help articles:
- Integrate With Shopify
- Upgrade to Shopify 2.0.2
- Shopify Insight Card
- Shopify Timeline Layout
- Use Actions in Shopify
Team Pulse now features real-time updates for QnR orgs
We know it’s especially important for managers of remote, distributed teams to understand what’s happening right now so we’ve removed the need to refresh for updates and also included a new data point for Currently Viewing.
- Real-time updates for all data points
- A new Currently Viewing section in the Activity column that displays what page of the application each agent is accessing – with direct link outs
- Consolidation of the Capacity and Total Capacity columns to save unnecessary horizontal scrolling
Set Queues in Business Rules
This will support use cases like: Move chat conversations to a new queue when the conversation priority has changed.
Additional Business Rule Updates
- We’ve exposed the Imported At attribute in biz rules builder. This will help exclude any migrated or imported conversations from triggering unwanted actions — like sending automated messages.
- We’ve also exposed the To operator, which users can use to create business rules that run when, for example, a specific SMS number is the recipient.
- We now offer the ability to include CCs when with a send message action. By selecting the ‘Include Ccs’ option, automated messages sent via biz rules will also include all the CCs on the conversation.
- Business Rules now support all actions regardless of the trigger – so long as the user selects a changes criteria in the rule. Previously, we required users to select prebuilt triggers (e.g. Inbound Interaction, Marked Done, etc.) to use actions like sending a message, setting a queue, etc. This is no longer required. NOTE: The changes criteria must also be in the “Match ALL of the following” criteria section. This prevents the creation of bad rules or rules that loop.
Queues & Routing Updates
- You can now control how long agents are unavailable before being put offline using the new Agent Timeout setting. This will help ensure that customer conversations stay with the same agent throughout.
- We’ve also exposed the Assigned Teams attribute in queue rules to compliment the Unset Queue action in business rules. With this attribute, you can use a business rule to unset a conversation queue when a conversation is reassigned to a team and then queue the conversation based on the team, rerouting the conversation as needed.
Audit Log Updates
- Events for your Satisfaction Surveys are now included in the Audit Log! With this feature, you can quickly see which agent and team received credit for the satisfaction survey, along with have an easier time troubleshooting why surveys may be canceled.
- The Audit Log now displays any business rule that has been updated and includes which part of the rule was updated (criteria, actions, etc.).
Additional Platform Enhancements
- Bulk messages: Orgs using Twilio for MMS and Postmark for email can add images and attachments in bulk messages allowing you to create more engaging bulk outreach content.
- Email Aliases: Orgs can now have more personalized outbound emails using the new Dynamic Email Aliases setting. Turn on this setting so that messages sent from Kustomer are received with the individual agent’s instead of the more generic default display name that uses “support” or “sales”.
- Snooze UI: Has been redesigned to make it clearer that you have to actually submit your snooze selection. Learn more.
Knowledge Base Form Builder with Kustomer IQ Available Now
Kustomer IQ now powers Knowledge Base forms, and we’ve released our new easy-to-use drag and drop form builder.
Now, anyone on your team can create, edit, and launch forms in order to gain all of the relevant information needed to resolve inquiries quickly.
Knowledge Base forms also include deflection capabilities as a last line of defense before a customer submits a form.
- Our visual builder lets you select from a list of commonly used attributes and form components, including various field types, customizable field titles, and more.
- Drag and drop functionality allows you to edit and organize form fields with ease.
- Kustomer IQ will recommend up to 3 articles from your Knowledge Base based on the customer’s form inputs, which will pop up before a customer submits the form.
- Note, your existing forms are unaffected. You can still build forms via our workflow engine if you prefer.
All Chart Types Available in the Custom Report Builder
We’ve released updates to the custom report builder that will help you create more engaging reports that quickly highlight successes and outliers, while helping to understand and visualize trends.
Specifically, you can now perform dual actions – Segment + Calculation (Distinct, Average, Median, Min, Max, Sum) across all chart types (excluding pie charts).
Here are some tangible examples:
- Segment by the first response created by, display the average outbound message count so you can understand trending data on how quickly each of your agents responds to their conversations.
- Segment by a custom attribute field like Customer Tier, display the Max first response business time so you can understand the longest any customer waited across Gold, Silver and Bronze tiers week over week.
Easy-to-Build Multi-Level Lists
Multi-level Lists are now much easier to build and manage when creating Knowledge Base forms or Klass attributes. You now have the ability to sort, auto-expand when you add a branch, and add a direct link.
Default Note Status
By default, when notes are created in a customer’s timeline, their status is automatically set to Done. You now have the option to set Open as your default state, so you can leverage notes as tasks or reminders for another user when you assign them a conversation.
Read more about Default Note Status.
Additional Platform Enhancements
- Filter agents by assigned team when assigning a conversation. If this setting is turned off, when assigning a user to a conversation, all users are shown in the ‘Assign to a User’ drop-down menu, even if a team is already selected. If turned on, the only users that are shown are the ones that belong to the team that you selected.
- Share both standard and custom report PDFs with a single click. A new ‘Share’ icon now appears in the report header. Just name your report and add one or many comma-separated email addresses and fire it off. Your PDF and email will generate within a few seconds and land in the inbox of your recipients.
Introducing Kustomer IQ
AI is now available in Kustomer, helping you automate more conversations by driving more convenient customer and agent experiences.
Intent Identification analyzes and classifies inbound conversations, and uses those new attributes to trigger process automation that takes work off your team’s plate. In other words, machine learning analyzes your historical data to predict a customer’s intent for contacting customer service.
Watch out tutorial video and see how easy it is to set up intent identification:
Once conversations are analyzed and classified, Intent Identification can unlock powerful automation. Here are a few of the ways it can be put into action:
- Automate Rules: Our rules engines can automate any process, like escalating unhappy customers to more knowledgeable teams, or execute transactional interactions like refunds, returns or status updates.
- Route Conversations: Instantly and accurately route conversations to specialized teams based on how you classify customer outreach, such as by contact reason or product line.
- Send Auto-Responses: Responses to your most common questions can be automated, freeing up valuable time and energy.
Read more about Intent Identification in our Help Center, and contact your CSM or our support team for pricing information to get started today!
With chat deflection, your customers are encouraged and enabled to solve their own support requests using your public help articles instead of waiting for an agent.
If conversations require intervention, agents will have all the details they need, including articles suggested, including if any were viewed by the customer.
Watch our tutorial video on how to add deflection to chat:
Read our Help Center article for more information.
With email deflection, you can send auto responses to customer email inquiries to help initiate engagement and, hopefully, nudge customers towards self-service resolutions.
Kustomer IQ analyzes the content of the email message to automatically recommend up to 3 articles from your Knowledge Base that can potentially answer their inquiry. If the customer feels the articles solved their inquiry, they can close the conversation and save an agent from having to respond.
Read our Help Center article for more information.
When you entrust the service of your customers to automation, you need to gauge success. Our deflection reporting stack keeps you well informed, while also providing the insights needed to continuously improve self service and automate more conversations.
Verify success with real-time analysis
Instantly assess how many deflections were executed, with comparisons around which prevented agent resolution.
Quantify time saved for customers and agents
By correlating deflection success with your resolution time handle time metrics, we can estimate the amount of time you’re saving both customers and agents with automated self-service.
Understand how content is performing
We’ve included tons of insights around the content customers are seeking, including article performance as well as search queries, which will help you identify and develop articles to deflect more conversations in the future.
Check out our Help Center article on deflection reporting, and get started with Kustomer IQ today!
Business Rules 2.0
With Business Rules 2.0, you can now trigger actions based on when information is updated. Formerly, this was a capability only available via our workflow engine, so we’re super excited to release it as part of our easy-to-use business rules engine.
- Send a message to the customer if their shipment delivery date changed to a later date than the original estimate.
- Add a note if the conversation’s sub-status is changed and you are waiting for a customer to reply.
- Assign the conversation to a customer experience team if the customer’s satisfaction score changes from a 1 to a 5.
Workflow Engine Updates
- Clone Action Steps: This update will save you a ton of time when setting up your more complex, branched workflows. Now you can copy and paste a step you need to add, rather than manually copying information over.
- Exposed Company Object: You can now build workflow steps based on company object attributes.
Queues and Routing Updates
- We’ve added Queues and Routing rules templates, including the top 3 routing rules used by our customers.
- You can opt to place customers whose conversations are reopened back into their original queue position.
- Routed conversations will now preview the last interaction message within the inbox, regardless of it being inbound or outbound.
- When you reopen a conversation, you can use business rules automation to unset its previously assigned queue, which will automatically trigger re-routing rules.
- In the Settings page, we’ve reorganized configurations into two categories: general and advanced configurations, in order to better clarify the functionality necessary to get started with Queues and Routing, versus functionality that should be incorporated as your team grows into this feature.
- Descriptions of features and functionality are clearer and easier to understand.
- Queue rules can be rearranged with number position selects, which is ideal for bigger companies with many rules.
Dark Mode Has Arrived.
Go ahead—flip the switch.
Kustomer has seen the light, by getting rid of it. Dark mode is now available in the Kustomer platform.
This feature release is dedicated to all of you, since dark mode was your top most requested feature!
We get it, too. You can’t avoid blurred vision, headaches, or watery eyes when staring at a computer screen all day, especially with all the video calls we’re sitting through now.
Since we intend for you to spend your entire day helping customers and managing conversations in our platform, we’ve applied dark mode to the entire Kustomer platform, no page or feature left unturned.
And you can switch from dark to light mode in a second. Quickly toggle between themes from the user menu at the bottom left of your platform screen.
Suggested Articles Now Available in Knowledge Base Search and Forms
We just launched a cool enhancement to our Knowledge Base, which will help you more quickly find relevant, helpful content. Think of it as a search engine, embedded directly in your Knowledge Base. We’re calling it Suggested Articles.
Suggested Articles work in two ways:
1. Activate Suggested Articles in your search bar, so when a visitor inputs the search criteria, results instantly start populating.
2. When filling out a form, the inquiry field will display Suggested Articles as the customer inputs their criteria. Note that you can customize the field name.
Please refer to our help documentation, which provides an overview of how to activate Suggested Articles within the search bar as well as how to add to your forms:
Additional Platform Enhancements
- Reporting: You can now filter by First Message In Channel in both Standard Reports and the Custom Report builder, which will more carefully segment omnichannel conversations into their respective channel metrics based on where the conversation began.
- Send Action: “Send Later” is now available as a send option when composing an email or SMS message, meaning you can schedule a message to be sent at a future date and time within a 30 day window. Now, if your team is working outside operating hours, you can ensure customers receive the messages at the most appropriate time.
- Notes: We noticed it was tough on the eyes to edit notes in Dark Mode, so we updated the component appearance when you edit notes to blend in better with either Dark or Light Mode UIs.
- New Settings Page: We combined the Snooze and Sub Statuses screens because, frankly, it makes sense.
Send Messages and Create Tags with Business Rules
Watch our video and learn how to send messages with Business Rules.
Business Rules are the easiest way to automate actions and create scalable processes that free your team from time-consuming tasks.
We’ve been hard at work to unlock even more intelligence with Business Rules, and we’re excited to release new automation capabilities, so you can more easily manage your conversations and keep information up-to-date.
Send Messages Automatically
This one’s a milestone for Kustomer—enabling you to automatically trigger messages using Business Rules!
There are plenty of reasons to send automated messages—like letting customers know an agent will be right with them, or perhaps you have a specific note or promo you’d like to share. Automating these communications keeps customers informed, and your agents less distracted. And now that you can easily create these messages via Business Rules, you can activate them at a moment’s notice.
Business Rules let you control when an automated message is sent. Today we’re releasing our Conversation Update triggers, so you can send messages when a conversation is:
- Initiated (First Inbound interaction)
- Marked Done
Business Rules can send automated messages via Email, SMS, or Notes when a conversation update occurs. When utilizing Email, you can select from your available Email Templates.
Watch our video to see how easy it is to create automated messages with Business Rules.
Add Tags to Conversations
Tags keep your conversations organized and can act as triggers to perform automated actions in the platform. Using Business Rules, you can automatically add tags to conversations, helping you manage customers and escalate conversations to specific teams when needed.
Update Company Records
For B2B orgs, we’ve added the ability to update information on Company records using Business Rules.
Improved Usability when Managing Rules
The Business Rules list view now includes a more comprehensive preview, so you can skip a step in identifying criteria and keep a better track of your Rules. This view also includes a timestamp of when each Business Rule was created or modified, and identifies the user who created and/or updated the rule.
We’ve resolved a bug in which business rules were overwriting updates via the API or other locations. Business Rules will no longer interfere with more desirable calls.
Our Help Center article on Business Rules breaks down how to set up and manage Business Rules.
New Custom Report Builder Capabilities and UX
We’ve launched a new step-by-step Custom Report builder, featuring new templated paths when creating charts, as well as some usability improvements to the building experience.
These changes will help you better leverage this tool and drive insights from your team’s activity in Kustomer so you can easily share your desired metrics and successes with stakeholders.
- Start from Template: this new creation path provides a series of common custom report use cases so you can test the waters and get better acquainted with the builder flow.
- New Chart Type Picker: We embedded the chart picker in the data configuration step—no more navigating backwards to change visualizations.
- Improved Tool Tips: We added and updated tool tips throughout the building experience. These tips pop up when you hover over specific report actions and provide clarity around the information or action required. These updates will come in handy throughout your use of the tool, especially when selecting and building your chart data.
- Live Chart Previews: We enhanced the preview window to provide an accurate depiction of your chart as you build. When you select a chart type or add or update chart criteria, the preview will update in real time to ensure the chart output meets your expectations.
Self-evaluation is critical to continuous improvement, so we’re making your individual stats more accessible.
The Performance dashboard provides all Kustomer users real-time info related to your work within the platform. Now you can assess your performance on a regular basis, identify peak interaction times to ready yourself, and establish your own benchmarks so you can set realistic goals.
The dashboard is accessible from your personal account profile and shows exactly how you are performing at any time. You can filter by channel, and choose from a drop down of pre-selected date ranges.
- Total Conversations Marked Done
- Average Conversation Handle Time
- First Contact Resolution Rate
- Median Satisfaction Rating
- Average Outbound Messages per Hour
- Average Response Time Per Channel
You can access your data by clicking your avatar and then ‘Your Profile.’
Check our Help Center Article for more information.
The New Kustomer Help Center is Live!
We are thrilled to announce our fully revamped Help Center!
We redesigned and reorganized our help center to improve the overall user experience in seeking out content, and navigating through related topics as you browse.
Here’s what’s new:
- A new sleek and modern design.
- We redefined Home Page categories to more closely match the common topics you need to access and browse.
- We pinned quick links to the most popular search terms below the Home Page search bar so you can navigate to those topics quickly.
- We repositioned Article Tags, placing them at the top of each Article page, so you can see related content without needing to scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Breadcrumbs are now fully expanded on the Article page so you can more easily navigate back to a category.
Stay tuned for more updates as we continue improving our Help Center and create the best experience for you and your team!
Additional Platform Enhancements
- For conversations within the Timeline, the hyperlink color has been darkened so you can more easily discern a link in outgoing messages.
- When using shortcuts during a conversation, shortcut previews will now match the user’s individual language preferences for easier access.
- You can now use article permissions to share internal Knowledge Base articles with up to 50 teams or users.
- You can now opt to expand the size of the internal Knowledge Base, so it’s easier for your team to read longer articles and content.
- We added the ability for Conversational Assistant to initiate a chat conversation, prior to the end-customer making contact.
- Knowledge Base article preview links will now use your custom domain, replacing the previously used internal domain.
- Users can now click to expand images sent by your customers via WhatsApp.
- We fixed a glitch where the text of conversations rendered properly in draft, but became jumbled when it appeared in a conversation as an outbound message.
- We fixed a bug in form creation where our new multilevel list attribute was causing the form to fail upon save.
Splitting a Customer Timeline
The days of splitting a Timeline via the API are over! There are plenty of reasons why you might need to split or unmerge a timeline, such as when you accidentally merge conversations from two different customers with the same name into a single timeline. And sometimes it might make sense to keep two separate timelines in tact for a customer’s business and personal email.
Either way, you can now split conversations into distinct timelines. And it’s easy!
First, determine the need for two distinct timelines, and then:
1. Make sure both timelines exist, and create a new customer profile, if needed.
2. Select Split Customer from the Customer Options menu.
3. Enter the name of the new customer profile you want to split this customer into and select the timeline events you’d like to move into the second profile.
4. Review the information and hit Confirm Customer Split. The selected conversations are now listed in the new customer’s timeline.
Please note that you can only move conversations to another timeline. We are working on enabling you to move other custom timeline objects very soon!
Engineers Rejoice! The New Inbound Webhook Settings UX is Here!
Web, form, and email Hooks are the bread and butter of our workflow engine, sending your external data to Kustomer to populate information and automate business processes.
We’ve fully revamped the Inbound Webhook Settings UX to help engineers better manage the setup and maintenance of your workflow triggers inside Kustomer.
Previously, managing Hooks was incredibly manual, requiring pesky workarounds to make updates and debug. The new UX provides a much easier way to view and edit existing Hooks, capture errors, and troubleshoot to make ongoing improvements.
In the new Hooks UX, you can:
- View all active hooks, including Hook type, status, and description.
- Delete inactive Hooks and edit Hook titles and descriptions.
- Toggle debug mode on/off directly from the Hooks list.
- Navigate to error logs from your Hooks list, which now shows who created or updated a Hook, as well as respective timestamps for those events. In addition, you can view hook error logs directly from their associated workflows.
Make sure you pass these updates on to your engineers, and reach out to your CSM with any questions.
Enable reCaptcha on Knowledge Base Forms
We’ve added the ability to toggle on Google reCaptcha for Knowledge Base forms to reduce spam submissions.
reCaptcha protects your website from spam and abuse through an advanced risk analysis engine with adaptive challenges to keep automated software from engaging in abusive activities on your site. It does this while letting your valid users pass through with ease.
When enabled, the form will prompt an “I am not a robot” option. If Google feels the submission might still be spam, a more challenging question will be posed.
Simplified Rules Builder for Searches, Reports and Business Rules
We’ve consolidated the Operator list to improve usability and eliminate redundancies in the rules builder when creating searches, reports, and business rules.
Additional Platform Enhancements
- Our Fullstory integration is now available—providing web cobrowsing capabilities to help agents visualize customer issues the moment they occur, and directly linking replay sessions to their timeline.
- When a Gmail account is deauthorized in Kustomer, the email address will now appear in the deauthorization event in Org Logging.
- When debugging workflows, we improved readability by including each workflow’s step ID.
- You can now export data from all standard report charts to CSV for additional one-click access to your data.
Introducing Permission Sets
We are excited to announce the release of Permission Sets, which give you greater control over what your users and teams can see and do when using the Kustomer platform.
Permissions Sets let you define unique roles and and groups by granting access to data regarding customers, conversations, companies (for B2B) as well as proprietary data integrated into the platform, and let you determine whether that data can be viewed, edited, and deleted.
With Permission Sets you can:
- Deliver full create, read, update, and delete controls for all standard and custom objects.
- Control access to feature settings and actions.
- Apply any number of sets to either users or teams. If the Permission Sets conflict, access will be granted.
Access defined by Standard Roles that previously existed in Kustomer has been carried over as Standard Permission Sets. If you created any Custom Roles, that access will also carry over, and each will be considered a Custom Permission Set.
While all clients will have access to Standard Permission Sets, Enterprise accounts are limited to 2 Custom Permission Sets and Ultimate accounts have a limit of 10 Custom Permission Sets. If you have more Custom Roles than the limit for your pricing plan, you will be grandfathered in at your current total.
Watch our on-demand Permission Sets tutorial here.
You can learn more about Permission Sets by checking out these Kustomer Knowledge Base articles:
- Understanding Permission Sets
- Using Permission Sets
- Permission Sets Best Practices
- User Access within Kustomer
- Automatic Migration to New Permission Set Model
Knowledge Base Enhancements
Optimize KB Article SEO
Over 90% of all web traffic starts with a search on a search engine. Therefore, ensuring your public Knowledge Base articles have high search engine rankings is critical to improving your customers’ self-service experience by making it easier for them to find answers without having to contact your customer service team.
That’s why we’ve made it easy to manage article SEO in your Knowledge Base. By default, Kustomer will auto-populate a public article’s SEO Title, SEO Description, and SEO Keywords and provide a search results preview once an article is created.
You can choose to manually optimize your article content by editing these fields to further improve your SEO rankings in search engines. Additionally, optimization is unique by language of the article further helping all your customers find your content.
You can learn more about managing SEO here.
Internal Knowledge Base Article Permissions
You can now choose to share access with internal Knowledge Base articles to certain teams or individuals within your organization. By only providing the content that is relevant, you can help your team stay focused and quickly find the content they need.
In addition, you can create more tailored articles for specific groups based on their roles and the specific functions they perform. Check out this article to learn how to set permissions for an internal Knowledge Base article.
Multi Level Lists Now Available in KB Forms
When creating a form, you have the option of adding multi-level drop down questions that will enable you to gather more detailed information from your customers on a specific topic. Learn more about the Kustomer Form Builder.
Set Default Phone Number Country Code
You can now change the default country code that automatically appears when creating or editing a customer’s phone number to a country other than the United States. Automatically defaulting to the country code most common among your customers will save your team time when setting up phone numbers in Kustomer.
As always, your team can continue to manually change the country code when the phone number is from a country other than the default you selected.
Check out our article to learn more about setting a default country code.
New Chat Capabilities and Improvements
- End-customers can view and expand images your agents send via Chat without needing to download.
- You can customize your company’s Fallback email address directly in Chat Settings, so when end-customers opt for email follow-up within the Chat widget, you can specify the email address from which those follow-ups are sent.
- When your organization is offline, the ‘Estimated Wait Time’ label has been removed from the Chat header, so end-customers are clearly aware your team is unavailable. This label will also disappear from the header once an agent has joined the conversation.
Additional Platform Enhancements
- You can bulk clear workflow errors in our Workflow Builder, which should come in handy when creating and refining new workflows. If errors are made while building and testing new workflows, especially ones that involve integrations from back-end tools, quickly clearing these errors will help to identify any unrelated workflow errors that require attention.
- Organizations can enable or disable emojis from being used in customer-facing conversations.
- The Audit Log can now be filtered by Event Type, so you can drill down and audit changes to your system more carefully. Filter by Conversation ID, Customer ID, User, or Setting.
- We’ve added WhatsApp and Twitter to Org Logging, which will notify you of any authentication errors on these channels.
- Twitter and WhatsApp have been added to Satisfaction Reporting charts, so you can analyze satisfaction ratings across all channels in which you deploy surveys.
- For Amazon Connect users, we’ve optimized incoming Voice conversation assignment to reduce abandonment rates and ensure every Conversation is assigned to an available agent.
Knowledge Base Updates
Multiple Branded Knowledge Bases
You can now create Knowledge Bases for multiple brands in a single Kustomer instance. Each Knowledge Base can have its own articles and categories to easily organize and present content per brand. You can use custom themes and forms to provide a unique visual identity and customer experience for every brand that your business operates.
Multiple Knowledge Bases
If you have an article that is relevant across different brands you can choose to share that article between different Knowledge Bases. For example, if you operate different brands, but each one has the same return policy, you can create a single article on the subject and place it in the Knowledge Bases of both brands.
Whether you have multiple Knowledge Bases or just one, each will have its own set of categories. Within a Knowledge Base, you can now share an article across multiple categories. For example, if you have different categories for versions A, B, and C of a product, but all three have the same installation process, you only need to create one “How to Install” article.
Sharing articles makes it easier and faster to administer the Kustomer Knowledge Base by reducing your need to create and manage multiple articles with duplicate content.
Read more about Knowledge Bases here.
Updates to the Queue Dashboard & Report
- We’ve updated the definition of Available Agents and Conversations per Available Agent to only consider logged in agents in available, routable states. Previously these metrics included agents in our default ‘Unavailable’ state as well as any custom unavailable states like ‘Break’ or ‘Lunch’. This update will make it easier for admins to quickly understand their team’s availability for inbound conversations.
- Average First Routed Response Time is now available, letting you know how quickly, on average, an agent sends their first reply to conversations that have been routed to them.
New Team Report Metrics
Admins can now track an agent’s Overall Average Response Time per channel in the Team report. This is defined as the average time between each inbound customer message and the agent’s corresponding outbound response to that message, and provides better insight into an agent’s time management over the course of a conversation.
Additional Platform Enhancements
- Agents can manually retrigger satisfaction surveys at any time. This will come in handy if a customer, who initially gives a bad response, is given another opportunity to provide feedback once a more desirable resolution is achieved.
- Knowledge Base forms support snippets, enabling multilingual translations of forms and field descriptions and eliminating the need to create multiple versions of forms to accommodate different languages
- You can now add Chat Presence as a column in your Searches, indicating whether a customer is active in the Chat window or if they have exited.
- Android and iOS Chat now support Business Hours, so companies can set mobile chat availability worldwide.
- MessageBird is now available for integrating SMS and WhatsApp conversations into Kustomer.
We’ve recently added the ability to customize notifications of inbound customer messages by channel. This helps you prioritize channels and ensures that you never miss a message for the ones most important to you.
You now have the option to receive notifications in the Kustomer app, through email or both, and designate the frequency (Always, When Logged Out, or Never) for each channel you have installed on Kustomer, when:
- A message is sent via the channel by a customer you follow or to a conversation you’re assigned to
- A customer starts a new conversation in that channel
- A customer sends any message through the channel
You can also add a different sound notifications for each channel when a new message arrives.
Learn more about how to customize and control your notifications here.
Easier Search Management and Faster Discovery
We’ve recently introduced enhancements that help you more efficiently organize and find Searches for routing work, segmenting customers, and monitoring inbound and outbound conversation volume in Kustomer.
- Search Folders: Kustomer Admins can now easily create a custom Folder-based navigation in the Searches panel. Individual search queries can be consolidated into category folders that make it faster for agents to find the one they’re looking for without having to page through lists of saved searches. Folders and Searches can be dragged and dropped into their desired location to make organizing the panel even easier.
- Recent and Pinned Searches: In addition, we’ve made it more convenient for agents to quickly navigate to the search queries that are most relevant to them by adding a Recents section in the Searches panel. The Recents section will show each agent their 5 most recently viewed searches. Agents can also use any of these 5 spots in the Recents section to pin frequently used searches that they always want available for immediate reuse.
- Search of Search: A search dialog box has also been added at the bottom of the Searches Panel for rapidly finding specific searches. If you know the name of the search query you are trying to find, you can click on the magnifying glass to start typing it in. Results that match your input will automatically show as you enter your term.
Manage Web Chat Availability
- If your business operates in multiple regions, you can now set the hours Kustomer Web Chat is available by time zone through the platform’s Business Schedule settings.
- Customizable chat business schedules give you the control to ensure you are setting the proper expectations with customers in each region and that you are delivering on SLAs.
Read more about Business Schedules here.
Knowledge Base Article Tagging
- You can now create and add tags to new and existing public articles in your Knowledge Base. Article tags help reduce inbound service inquiries by linking related articles together across categories to make it easier for your customers to find the answers they’re searching for on their own.
- You can add up to 20 new and existing tags through the Article Details Pane. Once an article is published, tags will display in the footer as a part of a “Tag Cloud”, where customers can click on individual tags to see related articles using that tag.
- To get started using tags, you will need to apply the Tag Cloud Template to your existing Knowledge Base theme.
- In addition to adding tags, you can also now drag and drop to reorder your Knowledge Base’s list of categories.
- Learn more about tagging articles and applying the Tag Cloud Template to your existing theme here.
Integrate Twilio for WhatsApp with Kustomer
- Connect Twilio for WhatsApp Business with the Kustomer platform to deliver a personalized, efficient, and effortless service experience for your customers across the globe.
- How it Works: Easily install Twilio’s WhatsApp Business Application on the Kustomer platform like all of your other channels and insert your API key to start receiving messages, sharing images, and other rich media from customers.
- You can track the impact of your team’s service by using Kustomer’s native customer satisfaction solution to survey customers engaging via Twilio for WhatsApp Business. In addition, Twilio for WhatsApp Business is incorporated into the reporting and analytics of the platform to give you a complete view of the performance of your customer service team.
- If you are interested in deploying Twilio for WhatsApp Business you need to:
- Be approved by WhatsApp for Business API access.
- Have a Twilio WhatsApp account to send and receive messages.
See our Knowledge Base for more details.
Audit Log: Search and Shortcut Settings
- The Audit Log can now track any changes made to Search or Shortcut settings, allowing you to quickly troubleshoot sudden unexpected behavior in either area.
- These enhancements provide new insights into events occurring in the platform by tracking the actions of agents and other users to guard against internal misuse and ensure data security.
Knowledge Base Form Builder
- We’ve launched an intuitive visual form builder so you can quickly create forms without using code in order to obtain customer feedback or support requests.
- The visual form builder can be found under Knowledge Base settings and enables you to quickly choose from a list of commonly used attributes (e.g., Name, Email, etc.) and form components (e.g., Dropdown, Text Paragraph, etc.).
- Form fields can be easily customized to ensure that you receive all required information, make it easy for customers to understand the information you are seeking, and minimize any back and forth between you and your customer.
New Business Rule Capabilities
- You can now create Business Rules to remove specific tags from conversations and quickly clean up unused categories.
- You can easily unassign conversations from a specific user and automatically reassign them using Business Rules.
Additional Platform Enhancements
- Kustomer Chat will now automatically include a timestamp on the last message sent as well as note the amount of time since it was sent.
- When composing Bulk Messaging, you can now assign the Conversations to another Queue.
- Shortcut titles and categories now support Snippets, so Shortcut titles will appear and be searchable in the default language your agent chose for the Kustomer platform.
- You can now drag and drop an image or PDF for upload directly in a Chat conversation to send to customers.
- We added global language and snippet support for Urdu and Punjabi.
- Filtering is now available for our Standard Reports, enabling you to view only the data you want to see and uncover additional performance insights.
- Apply one or multiple filters in order to quickly gauge results for items such as how your teams and users are handling conversation traffic, variations in performance across your support channels, and attainment of your SLA policies.
Enhanced CSV Export Capabilities
- Leverage our enhanced CSV export functionality to get the data you need out of Kustomer quickly and easily for point-in-time analysis in other systems.
- Easily identify which data you would like to include in a CSV export, customize the order in which it’s displayed, and access past exports stored in the new export library for future use without having to start from scratch.
See our Knowledge Base for more details.
Additional Platform Enhancements
- The maximum number of queues that can be routed to a single team of agents for companies on our Enterprise pricing plan, and are using Queues and Routing, has increased from one to three.
- Agents servicing customers across multiple languages can now search for Snippets by description and text – not just the title.
- Knowledge base categories can be dragged and dropped to create a specific order based on a company’s preference. In addition, subcategories can also be dragged and dropped to create a custom order within each parent category.
- Companies can now add hyperlinked text within Conversational Assistant chat responses to better direct their customers to online information and answers to questions without having to speak to an agent.
- Team Pulse now includes a column that shows and links to each agent’s open conversations. Conversations that are open, but currently snoozed, are indicated by a yellow clock icon, so managers can get a clear understanding of an agent’s activity level.
- The Timeline Map can now be found in the customer options dropdown menu along with Merge Customer and View Audit Log.
- It’s important to understand the health of your system. Org logging helps you gauge how your system is performing so you know when things go wrong.
- The Org Logging dashboard tracks any errors that occur in your system, and Kustomer will send email alerts detailing the issue as well as best next steps to fix it.
- Kustomer currently tracks Facebook and Gmail authentication errors, with plans to connect more applications and monitors soon.
Check out our Knowledge Base for more information.
Additional Platform Enhancements
- Updated Chat Assistant to allow for unlimited picklist options to be viewed during a Chat conversation.
- Made email reply-to/from alias list searchable to help manage and leverage a greater number of email aliases directly in the customer timeline.
- Improved tracking and reporting of “total time spent” by agents, so admins can now track agent activity based on Kustomer default statuses (available, busy, unavailable, offline) and custom statuses they create.
- The Kustomer platform now alerts users when they open more than one tab in their browser running Kustomer, in order to limit the potential performance issues that occur when multiple tabs with Kustomer are open at one time.
- Added ability for admins to set and manage permissions around forwarding Kustomer conversation transcripts to outside email addresses.
- Created company-based classification in the Kustomer timeline for B2B organizations, which links company details to customer, conversation, and custom object views so B2B users can more easily manage multiple companies in Kustomer and quickly view relevant company details at a glance.
- You can now forward Conversation transcripts via email to other people and groups within your company, so you can share interactions with stakeholders who may not have access to the platform.
- Add a personalized message to the Conversation Transcript before forwarding.
- When you forward a Conversation, an event will be added to the Conversation in Kustomer, which will denote who forwarded the Conversation, the recipient, and when it occurred.
Default Send Actions
- For inbound messages, you can now set a default ‘Send Action’ button that appears in the Conversation. Defaults can be set for each of your channels.
- Program the default Send Action as “Send”, “Send + Mark Done”, or “Send + Snooze”.
- This new setting solves a minor platform issue for existing Conversations in which the Send Action would previously default to the last version used in the Conversation, which may not always be appropriate for a follow-up response.
Additional Platform Enhancements
- Refined SLA calculations to exclude time outside business hours when team is not expected to be available.
Streamlined the status of merged conversations to reflect the current status of the most recent conversation by default. For example, if an open email conversation is merged with a previous chat conversation marked as done, the new merged conversation will remain open.
- Added the new User Toolbar to Team Pulse, which shows, in real time, each agent’s capacity to be routed additional conversations.
- Optimized search functionality to recognize all parts of an email domain when entered as search criteria.
- Added ability to store column width settings when defining default columns in Search to ensure an optimal view of the data in each column.
- Added ability for users to configure by channel the Send Action buttons displayed in conversations.
- Improved overall UX of Audit Logs to provide optimal display of data and eliminate the need for horizontal scrolling when viewing key details.
- Optimized the reply functionality in Volume Control to default to a customer’s preferred channel of response.
- Added ability for agents to modify a customer’s default language directly from the conversation insights panel.
- Collapsed the default shortcut list view by category to make finding the appropriate shortcut easier during a conversation.
- Added option to clear all recently viewed customers from the Recently Viewed panel.
- Optimized Gmail integration so all replies to a single email create one connected, threaded conversation.