Sign up to receive the latest product updates:
Field Level Permissions
Ensure your sensitive customer data is secure and streamline your agent dashboards. Field Level Permissions allows you to grant users with read or write permissions as appropriate.
Learn more here.
Outbound Webhooks (Beta)
Outbound webhooks send data from Kustomer to other systems via unique URLs. The data is delivered in JSON format as events occur in Kustomer. Connect with up to 5 systems during this feature BETA.
Learn more here.
Business Rules Updates
Business Rules now supports the ability to deliver automatic responses from the originally assigned agent when sending an email or SMS message. This provides personalization at scale with a cohesive customer experience.
New Merge Field Available
A new Merge field has been added to Search, Reporting, and Exports.Surface conversations that were a part of a merge or create a report to get an approximate count of how many conversations are merged in a defined period.
Facebook Messenger Update
Kustomer has enabled Facebook’s “Human Agent Tag” granting agents 7 days to respond. Previously Facebook required agents to respond within 24 hours. Now businesses without 24/7 customer service are able to better respond to customer inquiries via Facebook Messenger.
We’ve added 3 new default Snippets to support deflection
- Text on Deflection Button
- Deflection Question
- Deflection Thank You Message
The relationships between shortcuts and snippets are more visible. This allows you to better understand usage between the two.
Search and Reporting Updates
- View these conversation charts in intervals ranging from “Per Minute” up to “Monthly” – dependent upon your selected date range.
- Strip null or ‘N/A’ values from results via a simple check box in the custom report builder. This resolves the issue of trying to segment on a particular level of an MLL where N/A results were returned for any branch that terminated at a higher level.
- We’ve updated the Custom Report editing flow which previously reset the date range selection to “Past 30 days” when entering the chart edit modal. The selected date range will now stay throughout the chart editing process.
New Dynamic Variables
New dynamic variables have been added:
- Satisfaction Rating – allows you to dynamically add ratings to messages, which is great for automated follow ups.
- Last Message Out and First Message In – allows you to recap email messages when sending out follow ups. For example, the message can be “You wrote us about [first message in], is that still an issue?”
Amazon Connect Upgrade
Amazon’s new Connect Contact Control Panel (CCP) v2 is now in Settings. This includes the ability to manage Amazon Chats. The new CCP includes multiple bug fixes and an integration with their chat product. Flip the switch when you’re ready.
The columns on the Teams and Users table can now be resized.
Update to our API
Clients using our API can now more easily see what roles are needed to create a token and enable admins to create tokens with fine grained permissions for any endpoint. Now, 401 unauthorized reports will return the required roles for the endpoint in the details section.
Schedule Custom Reports
Schedule delivery of custom reports to your team’s inbox on a daily, weekly or monthly basis. Distribute them via email to a list of up to 50 people or download as a PDF. Reports show performance up to the last 120 days. These public report links do not need a Kustomer account to view and expire within 7 days.
Learn more here.
Bonus: Now you can drag and drop charts in your custom reports to create the views your team finds most valuable.
Track and change the insights available to your agents with Kview version control.
App installations that have default insight cards or timeline layouts (such as the Shopify app) will be considered the default version. Upon update, the default version will be replaced with the latest app installed view. Older versions of the view will be saved and you can revert back to them at any time.
Learn more here.
Audit Log Updates
Changes to customer attributes made via conversation shortcuts will now be logged. The shortcut names will link to the actual shortcut if the user has access.
General Usability Updates
- Messages will be loaded as agents scroll instead of loading the full history. This improves timeline performance speed by 25%.
- When searching or filtering on the Users page, user counts will automatically update. This helps you quickly see how many types of users you have in Kustomer.
Additional Platform Enhancements
- Timezone Picker: Has been moved to the city/region model. This automatically applies daylight savings time offsets for all timezones where applicable. We will continue to maintain the GMT timezone code for users who wish to see their data in a UTC format that maps to our exported data.
- Business Rules: When using a business rule to set or unset a queue, the UI now clearly indicates that the user is also unassigned when this action occurs.
- Notifications: You can now choose to get sound notifications for note mentions. This is helpful for users that have multiple Kustomer windows open.
Introducing Shopify 2.0
We have a major Shopify update that includes a new design for both the Insights card as well as the Timeline. This includes exciting new features, such as the ability to Refund and Cancel directly from within the Kustomer interface.
- Actions in both the Insight card & Timeline – Refund & Cancel
- Shipping Info by SKU
- Out of the box multi-store support
- Improved discount data representation
- Order & Item Activity for Refunds & Cancellations
- Refund reason support
- Item image support
Improved discount & shipping data representation
You can learn more about these updates by checking out these help articles:
- Integrate With Shopify
- Upgrade to Shopify 2.0.2
- Shopify Insight Card
- Shopify Timeline Layout
- Use Actions in Shopify
Team Pulse now features real-time updates for QnR orgs
We know it’s especially important for managers of remote, distributed teams to understand what’s happening right now so we’ve removed the need to refresh for updates and also included a new data point for Currently Viewing.
- Real-time updates for all data points
- A new Currently Viewing section in the Activity column that displays what page of the application each agent is accessing – with direct link outs
- Consolidation of the Capacity and Total Capacity columns to save unnecessary horizontal scrolling
Set Queues in Business Rules
This will support use cases like: Move chat conversations to a new queue when the conversation priority has changed.
Additional Business Rule Updates
- We’ve exposed the Imported At attribute in biz rules builder. This will help exclude any migrated or imported conversations from triggering unwanted actions — like sending automated messages.
- We’ve also exposed the To operator, which users can use to create business rules that run when, for example, a specific SMS number is the recipient.
- We now offer the ability to include CCs when with a send message action. By selecting the ‘Include Ccs’ option, automated messages sent via biz rules will also include all the CCs on the conversation.
- Business Rules now support all actions regardless of the trigger – so long as the user selects a changes criteria in the rule. Previously, we required users to select prebuilt triggers (e.g. Inbound Interaction, Marked Done, etc.) to use actions like sending a message, setting a queue, etc. This is no longer required. NOTE: The changes criteria must also be in the “Match ALL of the following” criteria section. This prevents the creation of bad rules or rules that loop.
Queues & Routing Updates
- You can now control how long agents are unavailable before being put offline using the new Agent Timeout setting. This will help ensure that customer conversations stay with the same agent throughout.
- We’ve also exposed the Assigned Teams attribute in queue rules to compliment the Unset Queue action in business rules. With this attribute, you can use a business rule to unset a conversation queue when a conversation is reassigned to a team and then queue the conversation based on the team, rerouting the conversation as needed.
Audit Log Updates
- Events for your Satisfaction Surveys are now included in the Audit Log! With this feature, you can quickly see which agent and team received credit for the satisfaction survey, along with have an easier time troubleshooting why surveys may be canceled.
- The Audit Log now displays any business rule that has been updated and includes which part of the rule was updated (criteria, actions, etc.).
Additional Platform Enhancements
- Bulk messages: Orgs using Twilio for MMS and Postmark for email can add images and attachments in bulk messages allowing you to create more engaging bulk outreach content.
- Email Aliases: Orgs can now have more personalized outbound emails using the new Dynamic Email Aliases setting. Turn on this setting so that messages sent from Kustomer are received with the individual agent’s instead of the more generic default display name that uses “support” or “sales”.
- Snooze UI: Has been redesigned to make it clearer that you have to actually submit your snooze selection. Learn more.
Knowledge Base Form Builder with Kustomer IQ Available Now
Kustomer IQ now powers Knowledge Base forms, and we’ve released our new easy-to-use drag and drop form builder.
Now, anyone on your team can create, edit, and launch forms in order to gain all of the relevant information needed to resolve inquiries quickly.
Knowledge Base forms also include deflection capabilities as a last line of defense before a customer submits a form.
- Our visual builder lets you select from a list of commonly used attributes and form components, including various field types, customizable field titles, and more.
- Drag and drop functionality allows you to edit and organize form fields with ease.
- Kustomer IQ will recommend up to 3 articles from your Knowledge Base based on the customer’s form inputs, which will pop up before a customer submits the form.
- Note, your existing forms are unaffected. You can still build forms via our workflow engine if you prefer.
All Chart Types Available in the Custom Report Builder
We’ve released updates to the custom report builder that will help you create more engaging reports that quickly highlight successes and outliers, while helping to understand and visualize trends.
Specifically, you can now perform dual actions – Segment + Calculation (Distinct, Average, Median, Min, Max, Sum) across all chart types (excluding pie charts).
Here are some tangible examples:
- Segment by the first response created by, display the average outbound message count so you can understand trending data on how quickly each of your agents responds to their conversations.
- Segment by a custom attribute field like Customer Tier, display the Max first response business time so you can understand the longest any customer waited across Gold, Silver and Bronze tiers week over week.
Easy-to-Build Multi-Level Lists
Multi-level Lists are now much easier to build and manage when creating Knowledge Base forms or Klass attributes. You now have the ability to sort, auto-expand when you add a branch, and add a direct link.
Default Note Status
By default, when notes are created in a customer’s timeline, their status is automatically set to Done. You now have the option to set Open as your default state, so you can leverage notes as tasks or reminders for another user when you assign them a conversation.
Read more about Default Note Status.
Additional Platform Enhancements
- Filter agents by assigned team when assigning a conversation. If this setting is turned off, when assigning a user to a conversation, all users are shown in the ‘Assign to a User’ drop-down menu, even if a team is already selected. If turned on, the only users that are shown are the ones that belong to the team that you selected.
- Share both standard and custom report PDFs with a single click. A new ‘Share’ icon now appears in the report header. Just name your report and add one or many comma-separated email addresses and fire it off. Your PDF and email will generate within a few seconds and land in the inbox of your recipients.
Introducing Kustomer IQ
AI is now available in Kustomer, helping you automate more conversations by driving more convenient customer and agent experiences.
Intent Identification analyzes and classifies inbound conversations, and uses those new attributes to trigger process automation that takes work off your team’s plate. In other words, machine learning analyzes your historical data to predict a customer’s intent for contacting customer service.
Watch out tutorial video and see how easy it is to set up intent identification:
Once conversations are analyzed and classified, Intent Identification can unlock powerful automation. Here are a few of the ways it can be put into action:
- Automate Rules: Our rules engines can automate any process, like escalating unhappy customers to more knowledgeable teams, or execute transactional interactions like refunds, returns or status updates.
- Route Conversations: Instantly and accurately route conversations to specialized teams based on how you classify customer outreach, such as by contact reason or product line.
- Send Auto-Responses: Responses to your most common questions can be automated, freeing up valuable time and energy.
Read more about Intent Identification in our Help Center, and contact your CSM or our support team for pricing information to get started today!
With chat deflection, your customers are encouraged and enabled to solve their own support requests using your public help articles instead of waiting for an agent.
If conversations require intervention, agents will have all the details they need, including articles suggested, including if any were viewed by the customer.
Watch our tutorial video on how to add deflection to chat:
Read our Help Center article for more information.
With email deflection, you can send auto responses to customer email inquiries to help initiate engagement and, hopefully, nudge customers towards self-service resolutions.
Kustomer IQ analyzes the content of the email message to automatically recommend up to 3 articles from your Knowledge Base that can potentially answer their inquiry. If the customer feels the articles solved their inquiry, they can close the conversation and save an agent from having to respond.
Read our Help Center article for more information.
When you entrust the service of your customers to automation, you need to gauge success. Our deflection reporting stack keeps you well informed, while also providing the insights needed to continuously improve self service and automate more conversations.
Verify success with real-time analysis
Instantly assess how many deflections were executed, with comparisons around which prevented agent resolution.
Quantify time saved for customers and agents
By correlating deflection success with your resolution time handle time metrics, we can estimate the amount of time you’re saving both customers and agents with automated self-service.
Understand how content is performing
We’ve included tons of insights around the content customers are seeking, including article performance as well as search queries, which will help you identify and develop articles to deflect more conversations in the future.
Check out our Help Center article on deflection reporting, and get started with Kustomer IQ today!
Business Rules 2.0
With Business Rules 2.0, you can now trigger actions based on when information is updated. Formerly, this was a capability only available via our workflow engine, so we’re super excited to release it as part of our easy-to-use business rules engine.
- Send a message to the customer if their shipment delivery date changed to a later date than the original estimate.
- Add a note if the conversation’s sub-status is changed and you are waiting for a customer to reply.
- Assign the conversation to a customer experience team if the customer’s satisfaction score changes from a 1 to a 5.
Workflow Engine Updates
- Clone Action Steps: This update will save you a ton of time when setting up your more complex, branched workflows. Now you can copy and paste a step you need to add, rather than manually copying information over.
- Exposed Company Object: You can now build workflow steps based on company object attributes.
Queues and Routing Updates
- We’ve added Queues and Routing rules templates, including the top 3 routing rules used by our customers.
- You can opt to place customers whose conversations are reopened back into their original queue position.
- Routed conversations will now preview the last interaction message within the inbox, regardless of it being inbound or outbound.
- When you reopen a conversation, you can use business rules automation to unset its previously assigned queue, which will automatically trigger re-routing rules.
- In the Settings page, we’ve reorganized configurations into two categories: general and advanced configurations, in order to better clarify the functionality necessary to get started with Queues and Routing, versus functionality that should be incorporated as your team grows into this feature.
- Descriptions of features and functionality are clearer and easier to understand.
- Queue rules can be rearranged with number position selects, which is ideal for bigger companies with many rules.
Dark Mode Has Arrived.
Go ahead—flip the switch.
Kustomer has seen the light, by getting rid of it. Dark mode is now available in the Kustomer platform.
This feature release is dedicated to all of you, since dark mode was your top most requested feature!
We get it, too. You can’t avoid blurred vision, headaches, or watery eyes when staring at a computer screen all day, especially with all the video calls we’re sitting through now.
Since we intend for you to spend your entire day helping customers and managing conversations in our platform, we’ve applied dark mode to the entire Kustomer platform, no page or feature left unturned.
And you can switch from dark to light mode in a second. Quickly toggle between themes from the user menu at the bottom left of your platform screen.
Suggested Articles Now Available in Knowledge Base Search and Forms
We just launched a cool enhancement to our Knowledge Base, which will help you more quickly find relevant, helpful content. Think of it as a search engine, embedded directly in your Knowledge Base. We’re calling it Suggested Articles.
Suggested Articles work in two ways:
1. Activate Suggested Articles in your search bar, so when a visitor inputs the search criteria, results instantly start populating.
2. When filling out a form, the inquiry field will display Suggested Articles as the customer inputs their criteria. Note that you can customize the field name.
Please refer to our help documentation, which provides an overview of how to activate Suggested Articles within the search bar as well as how to add to your forms:
Additional Platform Enhancements
- Reporting: You can now filter by First Message In Channel in both Standard Reports and the Custom Report builder, which will more carefully segment omnichannel conversations into their respective channel metrics based on where the conversation began.
- Send Action: “Send Later” is now available as a send option when composing an email or SMS message, meaning you can schedule a message to be sent at a future date and time within a 30 day window. Now, if your team is working outside operating hours, you can ensure customers receive the messages at the most appropriate time.
- Notes: We noticed it was tough on the eyes to edit notes in Dark Mode, so we updated the component appearance when you edit notes to blend in better with either Dark or Light Mode UIs.
- New Settings Page: We combined the Snooze and Sub Statuses screens because, frankly, it makes sense.
Send Messages and Create Tags with Business Rules
Watch our video and learn how to send messages with Business Rules.
Business Rules are the easiest way to automate actions and create scalable processes that free your team from time-consuming tasks.
We’ve been hard at work to unlock even more intelligence with Business Rules, and we’re excited to release new automation capabilities, so you can more easily manage your conversations and keep information up-to-date.
Send Messages Automatically
This one’s a milestone for Kustomer—enabling you to automatically trigger messages using Business Rules!
There are plenty of reasons to send automated messages—like letting customers know an agent will be right with them, or perhaps you have a specific note or promo you’d like to share. Automating these communications keeps customers informed, and your agents less distracted. And now that you can easily create these messages via Business Rules, you can activate them at a moment’s notice.
Business Rules let you control when an automated message is sent. Today we’re releasing our Conversation Update triggers, so you can send messages when a conversation is:
- Initiated (First Inbound interaction)
- Marked Done
Business Rules can send automated messages via Email, SMS, or Notes when a conversation update occurs. When utilizing Email, you can select from your available Email Templates.
Watch our video to see how easy it is to create automated messages with Business Rules.
Add Tags to Conversations
Tags keep your conversations organized and can act as triggers to perform automated actions in the platform. Using Business Rules, you can automatically add tags to conversations, helping you manage customers and escalate conversations to specific teams when needed.
Update Company Records
For B2B orgs, we’ve added the ability to update information on Company records using Business Rules.
Improved Usability when Managing Rules
The Business Rules list view now includes a more comprehensive preview, so you can skip a step in identifying criteria and keep a better track of your Rules. This view also includes a timestamp of when each Business Rule was created or modified, and identifies the user who created and/or updated the rule.
We’ve resolved a bug in which business rules were overwriting updates via the API or other locations. Business Rules will no longer interfere with more desirable calls.
Our Help Center article on Business Rules breaks down how to set up and manage Business Rules.
New Custom Report Builder Capabilities and UX
We’ve launched a new step-by-step Custom Report builder, featuring new templated paths when creating charts, as well as some usability improvements to the building experience.
These changes will help you better leverage this tool and drive insights from your team’s activity in Kustomer so you can easily share your desired metrics and successes with stakeholders.
- Start from Template: this new creation path provides a series of common custom report use cases so you can test the waters and get better acquainted with the builder flow.
- New Chart Type Picker: We embedded the chart picker in the data configuration step—no more navigating backwards to change visualizations.
- Improved Tool Tips: We added and updated tool tips throughout the building experience. These tips pop up when you hover over specific report actions and provide clarity around the information or action required. These updates will come in handy throughout your use of the tool, especially when selecting and building your chart data.
- Live Chart Previews: We enhanced the preview window to provide an accurate depiction of your chart as you build. When you select a chart type or add or update chart criteria, the preview will update in real time to ensure the chart output meets your expectations.
Self-evaluation is critical to continuous improvement, so we’re making your individual stats more accessible.
The Performance dashboard provides all Kustomer users real-time info related to your work within the platform. Now you can assess your performance on a regular basis, identify peak interaction times to ready yourself, and establish your own benchmarks so you can set realistic goals.
The dashboard is accessible from your personal account profile and shows exactly how you are performing at any time. You can filter by channel, and choose from a drop down of pre-selected date ranges.
- Total Conversations Marked Done
- Average Conversation Handle Time
- First Contact Resolution Rate
- Median Satisfaction Rating
- Average Outbound Messages per Hour
- Average Response Time Per Channel
You can access your data by clicking your avatar and then ‘Your Profile.’
Check our Help Center Article for more information.
The New Kustomer Help Center is Live!
We are thrilled to announce our fully revamped Help Center!
We redesigned and reorganized our help center to improve the overall user experience in seeking out content, and navigating through related topics as you browse.
Here’s what’s new:
- A new sleek and modern design.
- We redefined Home Page categories to more closely match the common topics you need to access and browse.
- We pinned quick links to the most popular search terms below the Home Page search bar so you can navigate to those topics quickly.
- We repositioned Article Tags, placing them at the top of each Article page, so you can see related content without needing to scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Breadcrumbs are now fully expanded on the Article page so you can more easily navigate back to a category.
Stay tuned for more updates as we continue improving our Help Center and create the best experience for you and your team!
Additional Platform Enhancements
- For conversations within the Timeline, the hyperlink color has been darkened so you can more easily discern a link in outgoing messages.
- When using shortcuts during a conversation, shortcut previews will now match the user’s individual language preferences for easier access.
- You can now use article permissions to share internal Knowledge Base articles with up to 50 teams or users.
- You can now opt to expand the size of the internal Knowledge Base, so it’s easier for your team to read longer articles and content.
- We added the ability for Conversational Assistant to initiate a chat conversation, prior to the end-customer making contact.
- Knowledge Base article preview links will now use your custom domain, replacing the previously used internal domain.
- Users can now click to expand images sent by your customers via WhatsApp.
- We fixed a glitch where the text of conversations rendered properly in draft, but became jumbled when it appeared in a conversation as an outbound message.
- We fixed a bug in form creation where our new multilevel list attribute was causing the form to fail upon save.
Splitting a Customer Timeline
The days of splitting a Timeline via the API are over! There are plenty of reasons why you might need to split or unmerge a timeline, such as when you accidentally merge conversations from two different customers with the same name into a single timeline. And sometimes it might make sense to keep two separate timelines in tact for a customer’s business and personal email.
Either way, you can now split conversations into distinct timelines. And it’s easy!
First, determine the need for two distinct timelines, and then:
1. Make sure both timelines exist, and create a new customer profile, if needed.
2. Select Split Customer from the Customer Options menu.
3. Enter the name of the new customer profile you want to split this customer into and select the timeline events you’d like to move into the second profile.
4. Review the information and hit Confirm Customer Split. The selected conversations are now listed in the new customer’s timeline.
Please note that you can only move conversations to another timeline. We are working on enabling you to move other custom timeline objects very soon!
Engineers Rejoice! The New Inbound Webhook Settings UX is Here!
Web, form, and email Hooks are the bread and butter of our workflow engine, sending your external data to Kustomer to populate information and automate business processes.
We’ve fully revamped the Inbound Webhook Settings UX to help engineers better manage the setup and maintenance of your workflow triggers inside Kustomer.
Previously, managing Hooks was incredibly manual, requiring pesky workarounds to make updates and debug. The new UX provides a much easier way to view and edit existing Hooks, capture errors, and troubleshoot to make ongoing improvements.
In the new Hooks UX, you can:
- View all active hooks, including Hook type, status, and description.
- Delete inactive Hooks and edit Hook titles and descriptions.
- Toggle debug mode on/off directly from the Hooks list.
- Navigate to error logs from your Hooks list, which now shows who created or updated a Hook, as well as respective timestamps for those events. In addition, you can view hook error logs directly from their associated workflows.
Make sure you pass these updates on to your engineers, and reach out to your CSM with any questions.
Enable reCaptcha on Knowledge Base Forms
We’ve added the ability to toggle on Google reCaptcha for Knowledge Base forms to reduce spam submissions.
reCaptcha protects your website from spam and abuse through an advanced risk analysis engine with adaptive challenges to keep automated software from engaging in abusive activities on your site. It does this while letting your valid users pass through with ease.
When enabled, the form will prompt an “I am not a robot” option. If Google feels the submission might still be spam, a more challenging question will be posed.
Simplified Rules Builder for Searches, Reports and Business Rules
We’ve consolidated the Operator list to improve usability and eliminate redundancies in the rules builder when creating searches, reports, and business rules.
Additional Platform Enhancements
- Our Fullstory integration is now available—providing web cobrowsing capabilities to help agents visualize customer issues the moment they occur, and directly linking replay sessions to their timeline.
- When a Gmail account is deauthorized in Kustomer, the email address will now appear in the deauthorization event in Org Logging.
- When debugging workflows, we improved readability by including each workflow’s step ID.
- You can now export data from all standard report charts to CSV for additional one-click access to your data.
Introducing Permission Sets
We are excited to announce the release of Permission Sets, which give you greater control over what your users and teams can see and do when using the Kustomer platform.
Permissions Sets let you define unique roles and and groups by granting access to data regarding customers, conversations, companies (for B2B) as well as proprietary data integrated into the platform, and let you determine whether that data can be viewed, edited, and deleted.
With Permission Sets you can:
- Deliver full create, read, update, and delete controls for all standard and custom objects.
- Control access to feature settings and actions.
- Apply any number of sets to either users or teams. If the Permission Sets conflict, access will be granted.
Access defined by Standard Roles that previously existed in Kustomer has been carried over as Standard Permission Sets. If you created any Custom Roles, that access will also carry over, and each will be considered a Custom Permission Set.
While all clients will have access to Standard Permission Sets, Enterprise accounts are limited to 2 Custom Permission Sets and Ultimate accounts have a limit of 10 Custom Permission Sets. If you have more Custom Roles than the limit for your pricing plan, you will be grandfathered in at your current total.
Watch our on-demand Permission Sets tutorial here.
You can learn more about Permission Sets by checking out these Kustomer Knowledge Base articles:
- Understanding Permission Sets
- Using Permission Sets
- Permission Sets Best Practices
- User Access within Kustomer
- Automatic Migration to New Permission Set Model
Knowledge Base Enhancements
Optimize KB Article SEO
Over 90% of all web traffic starts with a search on a search engine. Therefore, ensuring your public Knowledge Base articles have high search engine rankings is critical to improving your customers’ self-service experience by making it easier for them to find answers without having to contact your customer service team.
That’s why we’ve made it easy to manage article SEO in your Knowledge Base. By default, Kustomer will auto-populate a public article’s SEO Title, SEO Description, and SEO Keywords and provide a search results preview once an article is created.
You can choose to manually optimize your article content by editing these fields to further improve your SEO rankings in search engines. Additionally, optimization is unique by language of the article further helping all your customers find your content.
You can learn more about managing SEO here.
Internal Knowledge Base Article Permissions
You can now choose to share access with internal Knowledge Base articles to certain teams or individuals within your organization. By only providing the content that is relevant, you can help your team stay focused and quickly find the content they need.
In addition, you can create more tailored articles for specific groups based on their roles and the specific functions they perform. Check out this article to learn how to set permissions for an internal Knowledge Base article.
Multi Level Lists Now Available in KB Forms
When creating a form, you have the option of adding multi-level drop down questions that will enable you to gather more detailed information from your customers on a specific topic. Learn more about the Kustomer Form Builder.
Set Default Phone Number Country Code
You can now change the default country code that automatically appears when creating or editing a customer’s phone number to a country other than the United States. Automatically defaulting to the country code most common among your customers will save your team time when setting up phone numbers in Kustomer.
As always, your team can continue to manually change the country code when the phone number is from a country other than the default you selected.
Check out our article to learn more about setting a default country code.
New Chat Capabilities and Improvements
- End-customers can view and expand images your agents send via Chat without needing to download.
- You can customize your company’s Fallback email address directly in Chat Settings, so when end-customers opt for email follow-up within the Chat widget, you can specify the email address from which those follow-ups are sent.
- When your organization is offline, the ‘Estimated Wait Time’ label has been removed from the Chat header, so end-customers are clearly aware your team is unavailable. This label will also disappear from the header once an agent has joined the conversation.
Additional Platform Enhancements
- You can bulk clear workflow errors in our Workflow Builder, which should come in handy when creating and refining new workflows. If errors are made while building and testing new workflows, especially ones that involve integrations from back-end tools, quickly clearing these errors will help to identify any unrelated workflow errors that require attention.
- Organizations can enable or disable emojis from being used in customer-facing conversations.
- The Audit Log can now be filtered by Event Type, so you can drill down and audit changes to your system more carefully. Filter by Conversation ID, Customer ID, User, or Setting.
- We’ve added WhatsApp and Twitter to Org Logging, which will notify you of any authentication errors on these channels.
- Twitter and WhatsApp have been added to Satisfaction Reporting charts, so you can analyze satisfaction ratings across all channels in which you deploy surveys.
- For Amazon Connect users, we’ve optimized incoming Voice conversation assignment to reduce abandonment rates and ensure every Conversation is assigned to an available agent.
Knowledge Base Updates
Multiple Branded Knowledge Bases
You can now create Knowledge Bases for multiple brands in a single Kustomer instance. Each Knowledge Base can have its own articles and categories to easily organize and present content per brand. You can use custom themes and forms to provide a unique visual identity and customer experience for every brand that your business operates.
Multiple Knowledge Bases
If you have an article that is relevant across different brands you can choose to share that article between different Knowledge Bases. For example, if you operate different brands, but each one has the same return policy, you can create a single article on the subject and place it in the Knowledge Bases of both brands.
Whether you have multiple Knowledge Bases or just one, each will have its own set of categories. Within a Knowledge Base, you can now share an article across multiple categories. For example, if you have different categories for versions A, B, and C of a product, but all three have the same installation process, you only need to create one “How to Install” article.
Sharing articles makes it easier and faster to administer the Kustomer Knowledge Base by reducing your need to create and manage multiple articles with duplicate content.
Read more about Knowledge Bases here.
Updates to the Queue Dashboard & Report
- We’ve updated the definition of Available Agents and Conversations per Available Agent to only consider logged in agents in available, routable states. Previously these metrics included agents in our default ‘Unavailable’ state as well as any custom unavailable states like ‘Break’ or ‘Lunch’. This update will make it easier for admins to quickly understand their team’s availability for inbound conversations.
- Average First Routed Response Time is now available, letting you know how quickly, on average, an agent sends their first reply to conversations that have been routed to them.
New Team Report Metrics
Admins can now track an agent’s Overall Average Response Time per channel in the Team report. This is defined as the average time between each inbound customer message and the agent’s corresponding outbound response to that message, and provides better insight into an agent’s time management over the course of a conversation.
Additional Platform Enhancements
- Agents can manually retrigger satisfaction surveys at any time. This will come in handy if a customer, who initially gives a bad response, is given another opportunity to provide feedback once a more desirable resolution is achieved.
- Knowledge Base forms support snippets, enabling multilingual translations of forms and field descriptions and eliminating the need to create multiple versions of forms to accommodate different languages
- You can now add Chat Presence as a column in your Searches, indicating whether a customer is active in the Chat window or if they have exited.
- Android and iOS Chat now support Business Hours, so companies can set mobile chat availability worldwide.
- MessageBird is now available for integrating SMS and WhatsApp conversations into Kustomer.
We’ve recently added the ability to customize notifications of inbound customer messages by channel. This helps you prioritize channels and ensures that you never miss a message for the ones most important to you.
You now have the option to receive notifications in the Kustomer app, through email or both, and designate the frequency (Always, When Logged Out, or Never) for each channel you have installed on Kustomer, when:
- A message is sent via the channel by a customer you follow or to a conversation you’re assigned to
- A customer starts a new conversation in that channel
- A customer sends any message through the channel
You can also add a different sound notifications for each channel when a new message arrives.
Learn more about how to customize and control your notifications here.
Easier Search Management and Faster Discovery
We’ve recently introduced enhancements that help you more efficiently organize and find Searches for routing work, segmenting customers, and monitoring inbound and outbound conversation volume in Kustomer.
- Search Folders: Kustomer Admins can now easily create a custom Folder-based navigation in the Searches panel. Individual search queries can be consolidated into category folders that make it faster for agents to find the one they’re looking for without having to page through lists of saved searches. Folders and Searches can be dragged and dropped into their desired location to make organizing the panel even easier.
- Recent and Pinned Searches: In addition, we’ve made it more convenient for agents to quickly navigate to the search queries that are most relevant to them by adding a Recents section in the Searches panel. The Recents section will show each agent their 5 most recently viewed searches. Agents can also use any of these 5 spots in the Recents section to pin frequently used searches that they always want available for immediate reuse.
- Search of Search: A search dialog box has also been added at the bottom of the Searches Panel for rapidly finding specific searches. If you know the name of the search query you are trying to find, you can click on the magnifying glass to start typing it in. Results that match your input will automatically show as you enter your term.
Manage Web Chat Availability
- If your business operates in multiple regions, you can now set the hours Kustomer Web Chat is available by time zone through the platform’s Business Schedule settings.
- Customizable chat business schedules give you the control to ensure you are setting the proper expectations with customers in each region and that you are delivering on SLAs.
Read more about Business Schedules here.
Knowledge Base Article Tagging
- You can now create and add tags to new and existing public articles in your Knowledge Base. Article tags help reduce inbound service inquiries by linking related articles together across categories to make it easier for your customers to find the answers they’re searching for on their own.
- You can add up to 20 new and existing tags through the Article Details Pane. Once an article is published, tags will display in the footer as a part of a “Tag Cloud”, where customers can click on individual tags to see related articles using that tag.
- To get started using tags, you will need to apply the Tag Cloud Template to your existing Knowledge Base theme.
- In addition to adding tags, you can also now drag and drop to reorder your Knowledge Base’s list of categories.
- Learn more about tagging articles and applying the Tag Cloud Template to your existing theme here.
Integrate Twilio for WhatsApp with Kustomer
- Connect Twilio for WhatsApp Business with the Kustomer platform to deliver a personalized, efficient, and effortless service experience for your customers across the globe.
- How it Works: Easily install Twilio’s WhatsApp Business Application on the Kustomer platform like all of your other channels and insert your API key to start receiving messages, sharing images, and other rich media from customers.
- You can track the impact of your team’s service by using Kustomer’s native customer satisfaction solution to survey customers engaging via Twilio for WhatsApp Business. In addition, Twilio for WhatsApp Business is incorporated into the reporting and analytics of the platform to give you a complete view of the performance of your customer service team.
- If you are interested in deploying Twilio for WhatsApp Business you need to:
- Be approved by WhatsApp for Business API access.
- Have a Twilio WhatsApp account to send and receive messages.
See our Knowledge Base for more details.
Audit Log: Search and Shortcut Settings
- The Audit Log can now track any changes made to Search or Shortcut settings, allowing you to quickly troubleshoot sudden unexpected behavior in either area.
- These enhancements provide new insights into events occurring in the platform by tracking the actions of agents and other users to guard against internal misuse and ensure data security.
Knowledge Base Form Builder
- We’ve launched an intuitive visual form builder so you can quickly create forms without using code in order to obtain customer feedback or support requests.
- The visual form builder can be found under Knowledge Base settings and enables you to quickly choose from a list of commonly used attributes (e.g., Name, Email, etc.) and form components (e.g., Dropdown, Text Paragraph, etc.).
- Form fields can be easily customized to ensure that you receive all required information, make it easy for customers to understand the information you are seeking, and minimize any back and forth between you and your customer.
New Business Rule Capabilities
- You can now create Business Rules to remove specific tags from conversations and quickly clean up unused categories.
- You can easily unassign conversations from a specific user and automatically reassign them using Business Rules.
Additional Platform Enhancements
- Kustomer Chat will now automatically include a timestamp on the last message sent as well as note the amount of time since it was sent.
- When composing Bulk Messaging, you can now assign the Conversations to another Queue.
- Shortcut titles and categories now support Snippets, so Shortcut titles will appear and be searchable in the default language your agent chose for the Kustomer platform.
- You can now drag and drop an image or PDF for upload directly in a Chat conversation to send to customers.
- We added global language and snippet support for Urdu and Punjabi.
- Filtering is now available for our Standard Reports, enabling you to view only the data you want to see and uncover additional performance insights.
- Apply one or multiple filters in order to quickly gauge results for items such as how your teams and users are handling conversation traffic, variations in performance across your support channels, and attainment of your SLA policies.
Enhanced CSV Export Capabilities
- Leverage our enhanced CSV export functionality to get the data you need out of Kustomer quickly and easily for point-in-time analysis in other systems.
- Easily identify which data you would like to include in a CSV export, customize the order in which it’s displayed, and access past exports stored in the new export library for future use without having to start from scratch.
See our Knowledge Base for more details.
Additional Platform Enhancements
- The maximum number of queues that can be routed to a single team of agents for companies on our Enterprise pricing plan, and are using Queues and Routing, has increased from one to three.
- Agents servicing customers across multiple languages can now search for Snippets by description and text – not just the title.
- Knowledge base categories can be dragged and dropped to create a specific order based on a company’s preference. In addition, subcategories can also be dragged and dropped to create a custom order within each parent category.
- Companies can now add hyperlinked text within Conversational Assistant chat responses to better direct their customers to online information and answers to questions without having to speak to an agent.
- Team Pulse now includes a column that shows and links to each agent’s open conversations. Conversations that are open, but currently snoozed, are indicated by a yellow clock icon, so managers can get a clear understanding of an agent’s activity level.
- The Timeline Map can now be found in the customer options dropdown menu along with Merge Customer and View Audit Log.
- It’s important to understand the health of your system. Org logging helps you gauge how your system is performing so you know when things go wrong.
- The Org Logging dashboard tracks any errors that occur in your system, and Kustomer will send email alerts detailing the issue as well as best next steps to fix it.
- Kustomer currently tracks Facebook and Gmail authentication errors, with plans to connect more applications and monitors soon.
Check out our Knowledge Base for more information.
Additional Platform Enhancements
- Updated Chat Assistant to allow for unlimited picklist options to be viewed during a Chat conversation.
- Made email reply-to/from alias list searchable to help manage and leverage a greater number of email aliases directly in the customer timeline.
- Improved tracking and reporting of “total time spent” by agents, so admins can now track agent activity based on Kustomer default statuses (available, busy, unavailable, offline) and custom statuses they create.
- The Kustomer platform now alerts users when they open more than one tab in their browser running Kustomer, in order to limit the potential performance issues that occur when multiple tabs with Kustomer are open at one time.
- Added ability for admins to set and manage permissions around forwarding Kustomer conversation transcripts to outside email addresses.
- Created company-based classification in the Kustomer timeline for B2B organizations, which links company details to customer, conversation, and custom object views so B2B users can more easily manage multiple companies in Kustomer and quickly view relevant company details at a glance.
- You can now forward Conversation transcripts via email to other people and groups within your company, so you can share interactions with stakeholders who may not have access to the platform.
- Add a personalized message to the Conversation Transcript before forwarding.
- When you forward a Conversation, an event will be added to the Conversation in Kustomer, which will denote who forwarded the Conversation, the recipient, and when it occurred.
Default Send Actions
- For inbound messages, you can now set a default ‘Send Action’ button that appears in the Conversation. Defaults can be set for each of your channels.
- Program the default Send Action as “Send”, “Send + Mark Done”, or “Send + Snooze”.
- This new setting solves a minor platform issue for existing Conversations in which the Send Action would previously default to the last version used in the Conversation, which may not always be appropriate for a follow-up response.
Additional Platform Enhancements
- Refined SLA calculations to exclude time outside business hours when team is not expected to be available.
Streamlined the status of merged conversations to reflect the current status of the most recent conversation by default. For example, if an open email conversation is merged with a previous chat conversation marked as done, the new merged conversation will remain open.
- Added the new User Toolbar to Team Pulse, which shows, in real time, each agent’s capacity to be routed additional conversations.
- Optimized search functionality to recognize all parts of an email domain when entered as search criteria.
- Added ability to store column width settings when defining default columns in Search to ensure an optimal view of the data in each column.
- Added ability for users to configure by channel the Send Action buttons displayed in conversations.
- Improved overall UX of Audit Logs to provide optimal display of data and eliminate the need for horizontal scrolling when viewing key details.
- Optimized the reply functionality in Volume Control to default to a customer’s preferred channel of response.
- Added ability for agents to modify a customer’s default language directly from the conversation insights panel.
- Collapsed the default shortcut list view by category to make finding the appropriate shortcut easier during a conversation.
- Added option to clear all recently viewed customers from the Recently Viewed panel.
- Optimized Gmail integration so all replies to a single email create one connected, threaded conversation.