A breakdown of Kustomer’s latest product feature releases, platform updates, and enhancements.
Knowledge Base Updates
Multiple Branded Knowledge Bases
You can now create Knowledge Bases for multiple brands in a single Kustomer instance. Each Knowledge Base can have its own articles and categories to easily organize and present content per brand. You can use custom themes and forms to provide a unique visual identity and customer experience for every brand that your business operates.
Multiple Knowledge Bases
If you have an article that is relevant across different brands you can choose to share that article between different Knowledge Bases. For example, if you operate different brands, but each one has the same return policy, you can create a single article on the subject and place it in the Knowledge Bases of both brands.
Whether you have multiple Knowledge Bases or just one, each will have its own set of categories. Within a Knowledge Base, you can now share an article across multiple categories. For example, if you have different categories for versions A, B, and C of a product, but all three have the same installation process, you only need to create one “How to Install” article.
Sharing articles makes it easier and faster to administer the Kustomer Knowledge Base by reducing your need to create and manage multiple articles with duplicate content.
Read more about Knowledge Bases here.
Deeper Insights in Team Pulse
We’ve recently updated Team Pulse to make it faster and easier for managers to have deeper insights into the performance of their teams during their current shift.
- Multi-Select Agent Filter
Managers can now choose multiple individual agents in the ‘Search by Agent’ filter to quickly view the work of a specific group of agents.
- Unique URLs for Filtered Searches
In addition, each filtered search will create a unique URL, which allows managers to bookmark the search to make it faster to replicate and share that view in the future.
- Sneak Peek of Current Conversations
Recently, we added an activity column in Team Pulse that shows how many open and snoozed conversations each agent is currently assigned. By hovering over the number in the column, managers can view each agent’s full list of conversations with one-click access directly to the detailed conversation view.
- Sneak Peek Timestamps and Sorting
Conversations shown in the sneak peek list also include the time they were last worked on. Additionally, the list is sorted with open conversations shown first from earliest updated to latest and then snoozed conversations in the same time-based order. This provides managers an immediate understanding of the conversations that need action.
- Total Conversations Done Column
Team Pulse reports also now include a column that shows the total conversations that are marked done by each agent during their shift. This gives managers a quick understanding of the productivity of their team that day.
Read more about Team Pulse here.
Updates to the Queue Dashboard & Report
- We’ve updated the definition of Available Agents and Conversations per Available Agent to only consider logged in agents in available, routable states. Previously these metrics included agents in our default ‘Unavailable’ state as well as any custom unavailable states like ‘Break’ or ‘Lunch’. This update will make it easier for admins to quickly understand their team’s availability for inbound conversations.
- Average First Routed Response Time is now available, letting you know how quickly, on average, an agent sends their first reply to conversations that have been routed to them.
New Team Report Metrics
Admins can now track an agent’s Overall Average Response Time per channel in the Team report. This is defined as the average time between each inbound customer message and the agent’s corresponding outbound response to that message, and provides better insight into an agent’s time management over the course of a conversation.
Additional Platform Enhancements
- Agents can manually retrigger satisfaction surveys at any time. This will come in handy if a customer, who initially gives a bad response, is given another opportunity to provide feedback once a more desirable resolution is achieved.
- Knowledge Base forms support snippets, enabling multilingual translations of forms and field descriptions and eliminating the need to create multiple versions of forms to accommodate different languages
- You can now add Chat Presence as a column in your Searches, indicating whether a customer is active in the Chat window or if they have exited.
- Android and iOS Chat now support Business Hours, so companies can set mobile chat availability worldwide.
- MessageBird is now available for integrating SMS and WhatsApp conversations into Kustomer.
We’ve recently added the ability to customize notifications of inbound customer messages by channel. This helps you prioritize channels and ensures that you never miss a message for the ones most important to you.
You now have the option to receive notifications in the Kustomer app, through email or both, and designate the frequency (Always, When Logged Out, or Never) for each channel you have installed on Kustomer, when:
- A message is sent via the channel by a customer you follow or to a conversation you’re assigned to
- A customer starts a new conversation in that channel
- A customer sends any message through the channel
You can also add a different sound notifications for each channel when a new message arrives.
Learn more about how to customize and control your notifications here.
Easier Search Management and Faster Discovery
We’ve recently introduced enhancements that help you more efficiently organize and find Searches for routing work, segmenting customers, and monitoring inbound and outbound conversation volume in Kustomer.
- Search Folders: Kustomer Admins can now easily create a custom Folder-based navigation in the Searches panel. Individual search queries can be consolidated into category folders that make it faster for agents to find the one they’re looking for without having to page through lists of saved searches. Folders and Searches can be dragged and dropped into their desired location to make organizing the panel even easier.
- Recent and Pinned Searches: In addition, we’ve made it more convenient for agents to quickly navigate to the search queries that are most relevant to them by adding a Recents section in the Searches panel. The Recents section will show each agent their 5 most recently viewed searches. Agents can also use any of these 5 spots in the Recents section to pin frequently used searches that they always want available for immediate reuse.
- Search of Search: A search dialog box has also been added at the bottom of the Searches Panel for rapidly finding specific searches. If you know the name of the search query you are trying to find, you can click on the magnifying glass to start typing it in. Results that match your input will automatically show as you enter your term.
Manage Web Chat Availability
- If your business operates in multiple regions, you can now set the hours Kustomer Web Chat is available by time zone through the platform’s Business Schedule settings.
- Customizable chat business schedules give you the control to ensure you are setting the proper expectations with customers in each region and that you are delivering on SLAs.
Read more about Business Schedules here.
Knowledge Base Article Tagging
- You can now create and add tags to new and existing public articles in your Knowledge Base. Article tags help reduce inbound service inquiries by linking related articles together across categories to make it easier for your customers to find the answers they’re searching for on their own.
- You can add up to 20 new and existing tags through the Article Details Pane. Once an article is published, tags will display in the footer as a part of a “Tag Cloud”, where customers can click on individual tags to see related articles using that tag.
- To get started using tags, you will need to apply the Tag Cloud Template to your existing Knowledge Base theme.
- In addition to adding tags, you can also now drag and drop to reorder your Knowledge Base’s list of categories.
- Learn more about tagging articles and applying the Tag Cloud Template to your existing theme here.
Integrate Twilio for WhatsApp with Kustomer
- Connect Twilio for WhatsApp Business with the Kustomer platform to deliver a personalized, efficient, and effortless service experience for your customers across the globe.
- How it Works: Easily install Twilio’s WhatsApp Business Application on the Kustomer platform like all of your other channels and insert your API key to start receiving messages, sharing images, and other rich media from customers.
- You can track the impact of your team’s service by using Kustomer’s native customer satisfaction solution to survey customers engaging via Twilio for WhatsApp Business. In addition, Twilio for WhatsApp Business is incorporated into the reporting and analytics of the platform to give you a complete view of the performance of your customer service team.
- If you are interested in deploying Twilio for WhatsApp Business you need to:
- Be approved by WhatsApp for Business API access.
- Have a Twilio WhatsApp account to send and receive messages.
See our Knowledge Base for more details.
Audit Log: Search and Shortcut Settings
- The Audit Log can now track any changes made to Search or Shortcut settings, allowing you to quickly troubleshoot sudden unexpected behavior in either area.
- These enhancements provide new insights into events occurring in the platform by tracking the actions of agents and other users to guard against internal misuse and ensure data security.
Knowledge Base Form Builder
- We’ve launched an intuitive visual form builder so you can quickly create forms without using code in order to obtain customer feedback or support requests.
- The visual form builder can be found under Knowledge Base settings and enables you to quickly choose from a list of commonly used attributes (e.g., Name, Email, etc.) and form components (e.g., Dropdown, Text Paragraph, etc.).
- Form fields can be easily customized to ensure that you receive all required information, make it easy for customers to understand the information you are seeking, and minimize any back and forth between you and your customer.
New Business Rule Capabilities
- You can now create Business Rules to remove specific tags from conversations and quickly clean up unused categories.
- You can easily unassign conversations from a specific user and automatically reassign them using Business Rules.
Additional Platform Enhancements
- Kustomer Chat will now automatically include a timestamp on the last message sent as well as note the amount of time since it was sent.
- When composing Bulk Messaging, you can now assign the Conversations to another Queue.
- Shortcut titles and categories now support Snippets, so Shortcut titles will appear and be searchable in the default language your agent chose for the Kustomer platform.
- You can now drag and drop an image or PDF for upload directly in a Chat conversation to send to customers.
- We added global language and snippet support for Urdu and Punjabi.
- Filtering is now available for our Standard Reports, enabling you to view only the data you want to see and uncover additional performance insights.
- Apply one or multiple filters in order to quickly gauge results for items such as how your teams and users are handling conversation traffic, variations in performance across your support channels, and attainment of your SLA policies.
Enhanced CSV Export Capabilities
- Leverage our enhanced CSV export functionality to get the data you need out of Kustomer quickly and easily for point-in-time analysis in other systems.
- Easily identify which data you would like to include in a CSV export, customize the order in which it’s displayed, and access past exports stored in the new export library for future use without having to start from scratch.
See our Knowledge Base for more details.
Additional Platform Enhancements
- The maximum number of queues that can be routed to a single team of agents for companies on our Enterprise pricing plan, and are using Queues and Routing, has increased from one to three.
- Agents servicing customers across multiple languages can now search for Snippets by description and text – not just the title.
- Knowledge base categories can be dragged and dropped to create a specific order based on a company’s preference. In addition, subcategories can also be dragged and dropped to create a custom order within each parent category.
- Companies can now add hyperlinked text within Conversational Assistant chat responses to better direct their customers to online information and answers to questions without having to speak to an agent.
- Team Pulse now includes a column that shows and links to each agent’s open conversations. Conversations that are open, but currently snoozed, are indicated by a yellow clock icon, so managers can get a clear understanding of an agent’s activity level.
- The Timeline Map can now be found in the customer options dropdown menu along with Merge Customer and View Audit Log.
- It’s important to understand the health of your system. Org logging helps you gauge how your system is performing so you know when things go wrong.
- The Org Logging dashboard tracks any errors that occur in your system, and Kustomer will send email alerts detailing the issue as well as best next steps to fix it.
- Kustomer currently tracks Facebook and Gmail authentication errors, with plans to connect more applications and monitors soon.
Check out our Knowledge Base for more information.
Additional Platform Enhancements
- Updated Chat Assistant to allow for unlimited picklist options to be viewed during a Chat conversation.
- Made email reply-to/from alias list searchable to help manage and leverage a greater number of email aliases directly in the customer timeline.
- Improved tracking and reporting of “total time spent” by agents, so admins can now track agent activity based on Kustomer default statuses (available, busy, unavailable, offline) and custom statuses they create.
- The Kustomer platform now alerts users when they open more than one tab in their browser running Kustomer, in order to limit the potential performance issues that occur when multiple tabs with Kustomer are open at one time.
- Added ability for admins to set and manage permissions around forwarding Kustomer conversation transcripts to outside email addresses.
- Created company-based classification in the Kustomer timeline for B2B organizations, which links company details to customer, conversation, and custom object views so B2B users can more easily manage multiple companies in Kustomer and quickly view relevant company details at a glance.
- You can now forward Conversation transcripts via email to other people and groups within your company, so you can share interactions with stakeholders who may not have access to the platform.
- Add a personalized message to the Conversation Transcript before forwarding.
- When you forward a Conversation, an event will be added to the Conversation in Kustomer, which will denote who forwarded the Conversation, the recipient, and when it occurred.
Default Send Actions
- For inbound messages, you can now set a default ‘Send Action’ button that appears in the Conversation. Defaults can be set for each of your channels.
- Program the default Send Action as “Send”, “Send + Mark Done”, or “Send + Snooze”.
- This new setting solves a minor platform issue for existing Conversations in which the Send Action would previously default to the last version used in the Conversation, which may not always be appropriate for a follow-up response.
Additional Platform Enhancements
- Refined SLA calculations to exclude time outside business hours when team is not expected to be available.
Streamlined the status of merged conversations to reflect the current status of the most recent conversation by default. For example, if an open email conversation is merged with a previous chat conversation marked as done, the new merged conversation will remain open.
- Added the new User Toolbar to Team Pulse, which shows, in real time, each agent’s capacity to be routed additional conversations.
- Optimized search functionality to recognize all parts of an email domain when entered as search criteria.
- Added ability to store column width settings when defining default columns in Search to ensure an optimal view of the data in each column.
- Added ability for users to configure by channel the Send Action buttons displayed in conversations.
- Improved overall UX of Audit Logs to provide optimal display of data and eliminate the need for horizontal scrolling when viewing key details.
- Optimized the reply functionality in Volume Control to default to a customer’s preferred channel of response.
- Added ability for agents to modify a customer’s default language directly from the conversation insights panel.
- Collapsed the default shortcut list view by category to make finding the appropriate shortcut easier during a conversation.
- Added option to clear all recently viewed customers from the Recently Viewed panel.
- Optimized Gmail integration so all replies to a single email create one connected, threaded conversation.