Kustomer is happy to announce our brand new, enterprise-grade queueing and routing feature. Queues are essential to managing high-volume contact centers, and for good reason. Queues enable contact centers to monitor their inbound traffic in real-time and optimize customer wait times. Kustomer has adopted this model for the omnichannel world. Now organizations can create queues according to their business priorities across channels, assign queues to teams, and have full visibility into the real-time status of queues and agents.
Unique benefits to using Kustomer Queues are:
- Queues work in real-time so managers can identify peaks in traffic and reassign agents accordingly.
- Queues are set up so that every conversation can be in a single queue, so conversations are viewed and handled by a single agent.
- Wait time, handle time, and wrap time are well-defined so are easier to track and optimize through reports and live dashboards.
- Agents’ status is connected to the Kustomer Router, thus agents will not get assigned with new conversations when unavailable or during a call.
Queues that work for you
Queues can be defined in any way that makes sense for your business. You can create queues as simple as channel queues (like chat or email) or create more sophisticated queues like “Customers with Lifetime Value of more than $10K”, or for “Conversations with a ‘Return’ tag”. Each queue is assigned to a team, so the Kustomer Router will route new conversations to an available agent with that team. As conversations can only exist in one queue, view collisions between agents are eliminated and productivity increases.
Availability-based Routing and Reassigning
When agents start their shift they switch their status to Available to start getting conversations from the queues assigned to their team. If agents go on a break or finish a shift, they can toggle the status to the relevant unavailable status (e.g., Lunch, Break, or anything else). That will indicate the Kustomer Router to automatically stop sending new conversations to these agents.
The agent status is clearly indicated in the platform, so fellow agents can reassign conversations and managers can monitor and reassign agents, based on their availability. This is especially useful when managing remote teams.
Multichannel Routing for the Omnichannel Contact Center
As an omnichannel platform, Kustomer Router includes a multichannel routing capability ensuring that when an agent is on a call, the router automatically stops assigning new conversations to this agent (either voice, email or chat), and resume once wrap-up is done. This capability is available, for example, via the Amazon Connect integration.
Real-time Contact Center Insights
Live dashboards provide managers with real-time information on the status of different aspects of the contact center. This is especially useful when managing remote teams. Such aspects include:
- Agent status – How many agents are available, what agents are working on (overall and down to the conversation), and what their workload is.
- Queues – How many conversations are waiting in different queues, and are some queues more busy than others.
- Customer experience – The average wait time for customers on different queues and channels, and the average handle time once they interact with an agent.
Dashboards are updated as frequently as every 15 seconds, managers can even display them on a big screen in the office.
For more information about Queues and Routing and how to implement them in your own organization, check out this article or request a demo below.